PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fruit / herbal Tea

Options

Comments

• Bargain_Bunny
    Options
    I just bought some honey, going to squeeze some lemons and put in the freezer - always have this for a cold

BB
  • hot.chick
    hot.chick Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone make thier own?

Or know how I might try???
  • vivamartin
    Options
    Yes, I do, with fresh peppermint's leaves, from a pot and boiling water, and sugar if you prefer.
  • Nordictat2
    Nordictat2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    hot.chick wrote: »
    Anyone make thier own?

Or know how I might try???

Never tried myself, so I'll add this to the exsiting thread to give you more ideas ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • thriftymoo
    thriftymoo Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    Options
    I've looked everywhere for this and can't seem to find anything!

I'm wondering if there's any way of making fruit/herbal teas yourself and where you get recipes from? When i tried to google making your own fruit tea it just instructed you to use hot water and a tea bag?!? i'd love to know how to make these things from scratch lol!

I've managed to find out how to make fennel tea from the seeds but now i have to work out which part of the fennel plant actually is the seeds....

perhaps there is information out there and i'm just so baffled that i cant see it!

If anyone knows anything about this, i'd be very grateful!:A
    Aug £10 a day £0/£1000
  • v8monkeyboy
    v8monkeyboy Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    When I make my own teas, I usually just use either the fresh leaves, or the flowers I've picked and dried during the year, although you can make tea with the fresh flowers.

I have lime flower tea, nettle tea (dried usually), yarrow - flowers or leaves, fresh or dried, feverfew for headaches (fresh), lemon balm (fresh, mmmmm), blackberry leaf and raspberry leaf, plantain (dried), oh and elderflower (dried).

I think that's it :o. I can't help with any of the raspberry/cranberry combos you can buy as that's all flavouring and concentrates as far as I can tell.

T xx
  • parsonswife8
    parsonswife8 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Options
    It's honey, fresh lemon and fresh ginger for me!
    Great for the digestion and for colds.
    :rotfl:

;) Felines are my favourite ;)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I like fruit teas, but have yet to make them from scratch :)

I'll add this to the older thread on this topic later.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,186 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got fennel growing in the garden but it doesn't produce enough seed to keep me in fennel tea. The easiest way to sort this is to buy a pack of fennel seeds intended as a cook's ingredient. I buy them for curries, but it's the ordinary seeds so you can just use a teaspoon per mug & use for tea as well. I dry lemon balm out of the garden for tea, but mostly, I just pick leaves of herbs I know make a good flavour & infuse them in one of those tea-ball infusers. At the moment, I like 2 lemon balm leaves, 1 vervain leaf (v relaxing) and 1 grapefruit mint leaf (for flavour) to one mug of boiling water, leave for a couple of minutes & it's a nice summer drink. I like this so much, I have planted one of each herb in a trough on the patio, along with a tangerine sage plant & a chamomile. They need lots of water this weather, but are providing lots of leaves for teas.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure