PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fruit / herbal Tea

Options

Comments

• HariboJunkie
    Options
    I have only tred making tea with mint from the garden or wild mint which grows in abundance here. I just brew the chopped fresh leaves in the tea pot and then strain through a small seive into the cup. I don't take sugar in normal tea or coffee but I like a bit of sugar in this tea.
    In the summer I made a jugful and chilled it and it was lovely and refreshing with some lemon added.
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have only made sage and mint tea myself from the herbs in the garden - I have metal tea ball and snip the sage or mint up and pop it in the tea ball to steep in the hot water.

A chunk of ginger and squeeze of lemon is nice too - not sure if thats classed as herbal but its pleasant and easy :o)
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Crush a few fennel seeds, cover with boiling water, cover teacup (otherwise all the goodness evaporates) and wait five minutes. Enjoy!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • clutterydrawer
    Options
    Random query: if i made a jug of fruit tea and put it in my fridge, how long would you expect it to keep?
    August grocery challenge: £50
    Spent so far: £37.40 :A
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would have thought it should keep for two or three days, there's not much in it to go off.
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • Trinny
    Trinny Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi There

HM lemonade keeps a few days - and that has sugar in it.

Fruit tea should keep a few days - it might do better if it was kept in an old clean lemondade bottle or similar. The taste would probably stay fresher - just in case the tea takes up the flavours of other things in the fridge.

Just a thought

Trin
    "Not everything that COUNTS can be counted; and not everything that can be counted COUNTS"
    GC - May £39.47/£55. June £47.20/£50. July £38.44/£50
    NSD - May 16/17. June 16/17. July 14/17
    No new toiletries til stash used up challenge - start date 01/2010 - still going!
    £2 Savers Club member No 93 - getting ready for Christmas 2011:)
  • clutterydrawer
    Options
    excellent, thankyou....i am drinking it cold in this hot weather and it's easier to make a big btch up all at once. :)
    August grocery challenge: £50
    Spent so far: £37.40 :A
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I've realised in the last few weeks that I really enjoy flavoured teas (i.e. peppermint, cranberry) However having jumped on the whole DIY thing (going to start making my own moisturiser and soap etc) I was wondering if anyone has made there own flavoured teas? If so how, and is it cost effective?
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The boss at work had mint tea - buy a mint plant from the supermarket, take a few leaves off and pour on hot water?

Lavender tea is good for sleep. I buy it but it's just the flower heads of lavender that are then brewed up.
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    One teaspoon honey.
    Two teaspoons lemon juice.
    A dash of ground ginger.
    Hot water.

"Excellent for colds".
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure