PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fruit / herbal Tea

Options
Can anyone point me in the direction of how to make fruit/herbal teas at home please?
Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change

Comments

• bargainqueen_2
    Options
    http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_containers_pots/article/0,1785,HGTV_3562_1385924,00.html

This link may help a little. Seems quite complicated though! For a REALLY easy one, I am growing mint and peppermint in the garden and just pick a few leaves, pour hot water over and drink it. Very refreshing!
    Three years, six months, three weeks, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds. 26011 cigarettes not smoked, saving $11,704.80. Life saved: 12 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes.
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another really nice one is elderflower cordial mixed with hot water, fresh mint and fresh rosemary. Leave to infuse for 5 mins.
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • dbs
    dbs Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For a while now I have been making tea from fennel seeds but my local health shop has changed suppliers but the new seeds make a bitter taste when made into a tea.

Can anyone recommend fennel seeds to buy that will make a nice tea.
  • dbs
    Options
    Not found any seeds yet but Lidl are selling fennel teabags from 17 November lot cheaper than health shops or supermarkets not sure if just a shortime offer so going to buy plenty.
  • Diamond_In_The_Dirt
    Options
    any asian store should sell fennel seeds.. which city are u from?
  • dbs
    Options
    I live in Ilkeston which is located between Nottingham and Derby.
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My Mum bought me back some fennel seeds from Sri Lanka and I have been wondering about uses for them as I haven't come across any recipes which includes them as yet. Maybe i should try making a tea - do you know if you can have fennel tea when you are pregnant and what it is good for?

Thanks x
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • dbs
    Options
    Fennel has anti spasmodic properties on the digestive system and stimulates gastric juices it is usefull for bloating,gastrointestinal and menstrual cramps,gas,diarrhea,colic,heartburn and stomachaches also it tastes very nice.I think it is the best herbal drink going.

I would imagine it would be ok if you are pregnant but you could always ask in a health shop or a GP just in case.

Brew 1-2 teaspoons of fennel seeds per eight ounce cup.
  • aurorahelios
    Options
    I drank it while pregnant with no ill effects I wouldn't overdo it though.

It is supposed to be very good for nursing mothers as it increases the milk flow. Weak fennel tea can also be given to babies as gripe water.
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    Julian Graves sell fennel seeds, they are under £2 for a big bag, I saw them today in my local store.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport