June 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 211.1K views

Replies

• Hi only me, just checking in, and catching up on the thread:eek:
    How many pages? and i only read it yesterday!
    Well thats 2 NSD in a row for me, although i know what some people mean by wanting to shop More when you have Less money!:confused:
    Have spent today playing with my kefir grains and starting a ginger beer plant.Am planning another NSD tomorrow too:A.........hopefully!
    :j

• dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    Guys thanks to you lot suggesting the freecycle site, I am now the proud owner of a bread maker. ..... SO COME ON YOU LOT it has no instructions so please can someone let me have some bread recipes or suggest somewhere to look....

THanks Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • Thanks Dink1, i did know, but always like to be reminded coz I often forget (they say its old age, I say it's coz i know so much something has to fall out!:rotfl: )

Oh I love that! I will have to remember it next time I forget something! Trouble is-in order to do that, something else will have to fall out!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just postponed tomorrows Asda delivery as Ive got no room for it. Went out for the Daily Mail today for the free cd which hubby wanted-again. Ended up shopping in Somerfield and Iceland so Ive probably got enough for the week now. Shame the milk offers are ending tomorrow :+( but Ive no room anyhow. Just watered down my cravendale as described before as its the fullft version. Measured 2 pints into a jug and added half a pint of water. I did this last week too-just added water by guesswork to the bottle. Nobody noticed and it was still good enough on the cornflakes too.
    Had an easy cook dinner today. Iceland have:
    4 pack of Brains faggots 74p
    Twinpack Dr oetaker pizzas(sp) £2
    1.8kg sausages £2
    Mornflakes oats 2kg £1.75
    Sugar 75p
    Family pack tomatoes 1 kg £1.50
    Velvet toilet rolls(pack of 6) £2

Somerfield have a pack of 3 peppers on at £1 at present(£1.75 in Iceland)

I stocked up on whoopsied bread-enough for the week. Baskets now removed from freezer-almost needed to sit on the lid!

Bought some parsnips and cooking apples full price ans I really wanted to do the parsnip and apple soup tonight with the veg stock from what I cooked for dinner.

Spent approx £30 on food today so still have £40 left for the rest of the week-though I hope to only spend half ot that.

To all the newbies-you are now in with the "in crowd"-its the place to be! Big welcome-visit daily-the rewards are enormous :j :j :j :j :j
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • hollyhhollyh Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Hi,

My online shop has just been delivered, it was £84.37 which leaves me with £65.63 for the rest of the month. I should only need fruit, veg,yogurts and nappies, everything else i have. They didn't have any Tesco nappies so substituted them for Pampers. They were £1.09 more expensive and had 4 less nappies in them.:eek: so i sent them back.
  • angelnikkiangelnikki Forumite
    892 Posts
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    Thanks, might try this out for DS- he is 11 months :)

I've updated the recipe with a pic :p I made them without the sesame seeds as nuts/seeds are a (slight) choking hazard for under threes. Hope he likes them.

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • dink1 wrote: »
    Guys thanks to you lot suggesting the freecycle site, I am now the proud owner of a bread maker. ..... SO COME ON YOU LOT it has no instructions so please can someone let me have some bread recipes or suggest somewhere to look....

THanks Dink1

Hi Dink-whats the make and model of your breadmaker and we can try to find some instructions for you.
    Any particular recipes you want?
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    HI Angelatgraceland,
    thanks for answering my plea on the top it says Maranello but I dont know what model it is am trying to google it to find out exact model. It has 14 settings and 3 crust types. it does jam, dough, pasta dough and pizza dough (as well as bread) but not sure what ingredients you would use. Any recipes (basic to start with ) would be very much appreciated thanks
  • I know I'm not officially participating til next month, but just a quick post to say I asked the nice SA in Mr T yesteray for some yeast and she gave me a huge great chunk weighed 190g, so have broken it up and frozen it! Also invested in some seeds yesterday, dont have a garden atm but have put everything in pots and mixed them in with the flowers, hope theyre enjoying the rain today :-S
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • dink1 wrote: »
    HI Angelatgraceland,
    thanks for answering my plea on the top it says Maranello but I dont know what model it is am trying to google it to find out exact model. It has 14 settings and 3 crust types. it does jam, dough, pasta dough and pizza dough (as well as bread) but not sure what ingredients you would use. Any recipes (basic to start with ) would be very much appreciated thanks

Here is what looks like a good site:
    http://www.carrsbreadmaker.info/recipes/index.html

Here is a good pdf one also:
    http://www.moulinex.co.uk/pages/pdf/breadmaker_recipe_book.pdf

Another one-its a free ebook:
    http://www.completelyfreeebooks.com/extra/ebayinfo/bread_recipes.html
    I will add any more to "this" post as I find them.
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    Thankyou Angelatgraceland
    Dink1
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you