June 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 211.1K views

Replies

• MRSMCAWBERMRSMCAWBER Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Im not very good with technical stuff BUT..the only way i do it is:-

If you go to the post you want and click on the left hand side of the very first letter ..hold the left mouse button down and roll down the whole bit you want...it should go black..
    then hold ctrl button and press c... this will copy it all
    go into a word processing page.. ours is microsoft word..click on a new page and then when your cursor is on the page press ctrl and then v it sould paste all the writting on -then you can print it off
    hope that helps
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • funkyfunkymonkeyfunkyfunkymonkey Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    victory, the way I do it is to cut and paste the text I want to print into a word document and then print from word.

FFM :)

Oops! crossed posts with Mrs M's more thorough explanation.
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • yellowmonkeyyellowmonkey Forumite
    7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi

To print off one post only . Right click on the post Number.In this case#474 .Scroll down to Print target" (4th one down) and hey presto

2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    razra wrote: »
    I really hope they work for you:o Im really nervous now in case they dont:o

I made them and they were scrummy:D

Hi razra, no need to be nervous, although I had one of my off days :rotfl: It wasn't until I got down to adding the spices that I found out that I was out of ginger - so I doubled up on the mixed spice and missed out the cinnamon as mixed spice has both ginger and cinnamon in it. I think I was expecting the same texture as shop ginger nuts but once I got used to them (after trying with some left over butter cream from earlier butterfly cakes) they were okay.

I also tried the choccie ones, maybe I should not have put so much cocoa in because I was using Green and Blacks which is quite strong - the little monkeys haven't tried them yet but I think they will say they are too strong for them.

I really hope OH likes them otherwise I will be putting on a lot of weight this week :rotfl:

Thanks for posting the recipe.

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    Hi Guys!

Hope everyone is having a good day! after the other day of making the mistake of taking the munchkins to asda and spending way more than I thought!!!!! you would have thought I would have learnt my lesson but oh no today I go to Mr A not only with the munchkins but dh too...... :eek: ! needless to say spent £43 - The idea was that I was encouraging the budget by getting DH to buy 6 bottles of wine for the month (Mr A does a 3 for £10) but kinda back fired. (hangs head in hands lol)

Never mind will do better next week! ;) Am I the only one who can't seem to rein in the spending well? Does it get easier?

Thanks for the recipes MRs M
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • Le_FootLe_Foot Forumite
    162 Posts
    ;) Thanks a million Mrs. Mc for your chicken & sweetcorn soup recipe. I have just made it using your cheaper recipe version, but I also added some cream that I had in the fridge that needed using up. It is oh so yummy, but not WW or SW friendly me thinks:confused:
    Feb. G.C. From Jan 26th £350.00
    First month..pure guess!! Wk. 1 £136.38 balance £213.62. Wk.2 £108.10p balance £105.52
  • MRSMCAWBERMRSMCAWBER Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Le_Foot wrote: »
    ;) Thanks a million Mrs. Mc for your chicken & sweetcorn soup recipe. I have just made it using your cheaper recipe version, but I also added some cream that I had in the fridge that needed using up. It is oh so yummy, but not WW or SW friendly me thinks:confused:
    :j glad you like it.. apart from the cream there is very little else with many cals in ;) we had a lump well 2 lumps for hubby of hm crusty bread and we have some left..which is amazing when hubby is about..so it is going with the leftover chicken and some veggies to make a pie tomorrow -hubby will laying eggs at this rate:rotfl: . We prefer the cheaper version..not keen on the egg in it you see... makes it stringy..bleughhhh
    sooo glad you enjoyed it :D

Pink princess
    I have been using up some ready done chicken breast from the freezer(hubby grabbed them..and they were whoopsed;) )... this week im having a bash at my own so i will use hubby as a guinea pig and then post the recipe when i know its worth it :rotfl: there are soooo many to choose from..i will be going for an oven baked version...don't own a chip pan :D .. will let you know how it goes ;)
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • catzninecatznine Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    :hello: Hello! Can't believe we are on 12 pages already! Please can you put me down for £150 I want to try to keep it even lower if i can (need to empty freezers so I can clean them) it will mainly be abel and cole box and any bargains I may find (if that is at all possible these days!)

Lovely picnic table Mrs Mcawber!
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi razra, no need to be nervous, although I had one of my off days :rotfl: It wasn't until I got down to adding the spices that I found out that I was out of ginger - so I doubled up on the mixed spice and missed out the cinnamon as mixed spice has both ginger and cinnamon in it. I think I was expecting the same texture as shop ginger nuts but once I got used to them (after trying with some left over butter cream from earlier butterfly cakes) they were okay.

I also tried the choccie ones, maybe I should not have put so much cocoa in because I was using Green and Blacks which is quite strong - the little monkeys haven't tried them yet but I think they will say they are too strong for them.

I really hope OH likes them otherwise I will be putting on a lot of weight this week :rotfl:

Thanks for posting the recipe.

razra, guess what? The little monkeys like them, especially dipped in milk or with the remains of the butter cream.

Thanks again, FFM :)
  • victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    yellowmonkey ;) thanks a million worked perfectly thank you and to the others :D:D thanks also:D

mrsm could you please post the thai curry recipe? thai steamed salmon? Anything to do with thai really...thanks for your time:D oh and I hope you don't mind (should have asked first and for that I apologize:rolleyes: ) that I have printed off your meal planner and am going to make many meals like yours :D
    I am in awe really because I only make a 7day meal plan that is my capabilities rise to let alone 4 weeks worth wow
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals