edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 211.1K views

Replies

• yellowmonkeyyellowmonkey Forumite
    7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi

Doing better than I thought i would. Should give me a target to aim for in July.

Had a little wander today into Aldi. Really impressed with how clean everything was and cheaper on some/most items. Think I will try to get some of my shopping from there next month.

On the way home just to compare went into Waitrose :eek: . My god talk about expensive. I will NOT be getting my shopping from there :D

Have a nice evening

ym

• searching_mesearching_me Forumite
    18.4K Posts
    MR S is BACK!! lol :rotfl: looks like i'll get my order after all :rotfl:
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Have just frozen 1/2 a tikka masala and 1/2 a garlic nan that dd9 will have when we have pasta pesto next week.

Have doled jelly into tupperware for tomorrows packed lunches,and popped pineapple juice into icelolly moulds for tomorrow after school.

Will be having chicken and prawn paella ( all in fridge and storecupboard )tomorrow as our house guest goes early am Saturday.

Cheap eats until OH gets here next Thursday can't wait - haven't seen him for 7 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost another 5lbs since I've last seen him.

Chocolate Croissants for brekkie with Hot Choc and I'm whizzing off to gym to lose that 1/2 lb by Sat ( weigh day )

Can anyone direct me to all those really great money saving tips like standing on loo rols,using 1 tbsp of washing detergent?????????

annelouise :rotfl:
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • kk*_2kk*_2 Forumite
    74 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone, im quite new to these board and im just finding my feet so please be gentle!!

I have a slight problem, ive managed to get myself in a right pickle and now im really worried, see the thing is my budget for next months shopping is about £70... this is for 2 adults and a cat, is it realistic?

what are the best things to buy?

ive got a few basics in the cupboards like beans, rice and some pasta but its never going to last all month!

im gonna need, breakfast lunches and dinners!!
    im sorry if I sound stupid but im just used to paying about £200 for my monthly shop.

I guess this is how im in this trouble in the first place.

I really need som help please, i cant stop worrying about it

k
    £1190 - EGG, £1500- TSB, £2000 - BARCLAYCARD, [STRIKE]£4500[/STRIKE],£2100 - MBNA, [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£500,[/STRIKE]. 0! - INLAWS!, £350 - NEXT, [STRIKE]£6000[/STRIKE],£4280 - BARCLAYS LOAN £900 - BARCLAYS OVERDRAFT, £1800 - OH BARCLAYS OVERDRAFT :eek:

Debt at LBM jun 08 - [STRIKE]£19140 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£18740[/STRIKE] FEB 09 £14120 OH DEAR
  • Lucifa73Lucifa73 Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got another £10 to add to my sig from yesterday then that should be me for the month. I'm well within my £200 but there was quite a bit of meat/fish in the freezer so I will keep £200 as my target for July (I will get back from hols on 6th July so my month will run from 6 to 31 July this time).

Seriously need to get this GC licked now there's an extra mouth on the way...

If I don't get back on have a great last week of June everybody and I'll see you all in July.

Luc73 x
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• carolt2carolt2 Forumite
    852 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    kk* wrote: »
    Hi everyone, im quite new to these board and im just finding my feet so please be gentle!!

I have a slight problem, ive managed to get myself in a right pickle and now im really worried, see the thing is my budget for next months shopping is about £70... this is for 2 adults and a cat, is it realistic?

what are the best things to buy?

ive got a few basics in the cupboards like beans, rice and some pasta but its never going to last all month!

im gonna need, breakfast lunches and dinners!!
    im sorry if I sound stupid but im just used to paying about £200 for my monthly shop.

I guess this is how im in this trouble in the first place.

I really need som help please, i cant stop worrying about it

k

Hi there, have you looked at the grocery challenge thread on this board?

There are lots of people on this challenge including myelf and there are plenty of idea on how to cut your budget.

HTH
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • curly_cabbagecurly_cabbage Forumite
    456 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hi all

Wow what a day, 5th NSD which is flippin fantastic and Bellway homes call to say that they would now except our price (20% off asking price plus fee's) which is ever more flipping fantastic, its all go here!!

CC
  • kk*_2kk*_2 Forumite
    74 Posts
    thankyou, I shall take a look
    £1190 - EGG, £1500- TSB, £2000 - BARCLAYCARD, [STRIKE]£4500[/STRIKE],£2100 - MBNA, [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£500,[/STRIKE]. 0! - INLAWS!, £350 - NEXT, [STRIKE]£6000[/STRIKE],£4280 - BARCLAYS LOAN £900 - BARCLAYS OVERDRAFT, £1800 - OH BARCLAYS OVERDRAFT :eek:

Debt at LBM jun 08 - [STRIKE]£19140 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£18740[/STRIKE] FEB 09 £14120 OH DEAR
  • pebbles88pebbles88 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya,

i would certainly check out weezl's thread, 'old style versus the usda' on this board, she fed herself and her DH on £120 for 3 months, she is fantastic!!!

HTH
    Please be nice to all moneysavers!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
    Big big thanks to Niddy, sorely missed from these boards..best cybersupport ever!!
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi kk,

As carol has said the best place to get help and support with cutting your grocery bills is the Grocery Challenge thread so I'll add your post to it.

Also have a look at Martin's article Supermarket Shopping which has lots of tips on saving money on groceries.

Menu planning is another way that helps cutting back by only buying what you need. If you look in The Complete Menu Plans Collection there are lots of threads with good advice.

There are some good ideas on these threads for cheap meals that might help:

Cheapest recipes???

Meal for two for 50p. Suggestions?

The Cheapest Healthy Meal Ever!

Feed 6 for £1.62

Cheapest meal

Your Cheapest Evening Meal.

cheap, easy family meals

Show Jamie How To Cook On A Budget Champagne Contest

Meal idea's under £1

Good luck with cutting back.

Pink