• OrkneyStarOrkneyStar Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    angelnikki wrote: »
    isthatreduced MrT's value basmati rice is £1/KG

Nikki
    x
    Thats good to know but currently we don't have a Tesco (or an Asda, Morry's or Sainsbury's for that matter lol).
    Will have a look for this once our Tesco opens although hoping my 10kg bag will last a good while lol!
    :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls
  • lday77lday77 Forumite
    320 Posts
    Well it's all going to plan for the June budget not bad for a first attempt. I have found buying extra bread and milk too freeze when I am doing a big shop has really helped as I haven't needed to pop to the shops to buy a pint and then ending up spending a fiver!!

I'm off to Skegness tomorrow for the weekend on one of those £15 each Sun deals so I'm going to Asda tonight with my list am not going to let going away make me overspend.

Also pregnancy is going well so far and morning sickness seems to be getting a bit better HOORAY!
    Murphy's No More Pies Member No. 28 on hold
  • smetfsmetf Forumite
    96 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Been to Mr A on way home to stock up on some milk, treated kids to popcorn for movie night tonight (free lovefilm trial) and hotdogs for tea as ds has friend round.
    Feel quite pleased with way budget is going- we were easily spending £500 beginning of the year :eek:- following ideas on here has reduced things slowly (last month's spend included 2 birthdays- cakes party food etc) but joining in and setting a budget has made even bigger difference! :D

Off to a conference this weekend, am hoping lunches etc aren't too expensive!

Smetf

• searching_mesearching_me Forumite
    18.4K Posts
    well dont know what im gonna do sainsburys website is down until god knows when and i got my delivery booked for saturday so :confused: i dont have a car and the closest place is to far to carry the monthly shop.... ive tired adsa and they are poo so say the least... never tried tescos but ive heard a fur few bad things... the word here is confused :( any help? opinons please? xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • FrugaldomFrugaldom Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    searching_me, you could try Tesco and go via cashback site for £5 sign up bonus plus use a code to get free money off first order/free delivery etc. But if you have already booked your delivery for Saturday from Sainsbury, the site being down won't affect them delivering your order, assuming you have confirmation that it went through alright. You could try phoning them? :)
    I reserve the right NOT to spend:
    The less I spend, the more I can afford!
  • searching_mesearching_me Forumite
    18.4K Posts
    they said they are not doing any deliverys until the websites up and running again

edit: just rung them they said if its not up and running by tomorrow saturdays will be cancelled... and for every day its not up and running the orders will be cancelled :mad:
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Mrs_Money_PennyMrs_Money_Penny Forumite
    938 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. Got a few bargins on the way home tonight so spent another £3.10. The freezer is fit to burst.
    Annelouise made you Krispie marshmallow bars they are delicious they won't last long.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    £44752.79/savings £40892.30
  • gunsandbanjosgunsandbanjos Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    I have failed miserably on this months challenge:o Havent managed to keep up with this thread this month, bet i've missed loads of nice recipes too:rolleyes: I will try better next month.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • gunsandbanjosgunsandbanjos Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    well dont know what im gonna do sainsburys website is down until god knows when and i got my delivery booked for saturday so :confused: i dont have a car and the closest place is to far to carry the monthly shop.... ive tired adsa and they are poo so say the least... never tried tescos but ive heard a fur few bad things... the word here is confused :( any help? opinons please? xxx

I've used tesco several times and never had a problem, plus there are always discount codes kicking about on the discount thread for tesco.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Annie021063Annie021063 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    MY plans are out of the window cos hubbie didn't get paid today - it's a 5 week month and it won't be in bank until 26th now so I will start July challenge then. I have learnt so much from doing this challenge and I am looking forward to a successful challenge next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides