We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Car Window Tinting
prudentsaving42
Posts: 86 Forumite
in Motoring
I want to get my car windows tinted professionaly, preferably with a guarantee, but don't know where to get the cheapest deal. Doing it myself is out of the question. I'm in the west London region. Any recommendations or suggestions?
Thanks
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Hello kenan557
I'll move your thread to the 'Motoring & Public Transport' board.
Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]!!!!!![/EMAIL].
Regards
Nile10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j [/COLOR]:cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. [/SIZE][/COLOR]Give blood, save a life. [/B]0 -
i want to get mine done too, what car have you got?I want to get my car windows tinted professionaly, preferably with a guarantee, but don't know where to get the cheapest deal. Doing it myself is out of the question. I'm in the west London region. Any recommendations or suggestions?
Thanks
i had a quick google and found [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]South Coast Tints, they quoted me £223.25 to £329.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i also found r-tech auto desgin, in St Albans/Hatfield i'm gonna call them and get a quote.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a Mk4 golf and found someone on mkiv.net who's in Croydon who quoted me £140
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let us know how you get on, maybe get disscount for a group buy...lol :beer: [/FONT]0 -
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/Tinted%20Windows%20Nov%202005.pdf#xml=http://www.vosa.gov.uk/SCRIPTS/texis.exe/webinator/search/xml.txt?query=tinting&pr=CORP&order=r&cq=&id=4827d38810
can i suggest you check here first, there are regulations on window tinting, and it could save you even more money, rather than get stopped and get a fine later all for the sake of 'looking good'Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?0 -
You should pay around £150 for the rear 3 windows0
-
I found an online quote for £90, then realised that's in glasgow... anything cheaper around here??? Seeing how the tint only costs £10, £140 for an hours work seems too much.0
-
I found an online quote for £90, then realised that's in glasgow... anything cheaper around here??? Seeing how the tint only costs £10, £140 for an hours work seems too much.
£140 is cheap! Don't forget that most places have to pay rent, rates, electricity, gas, water, telephone. I would worry if a place took 1 hour to tint my car. If you want a premium price comparison then call Pentagon:
http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/window-tinting.php :eek:
A decent place will spend a few hours to tint a car properly. That means:
Cleaning the glass
Sizing the tint
Removing the door cards
Removing the windows/glass (except the back window)
Cleaning the glass
Applying the tint
Baking the tinted glass in an oven
Refitting and reassembling the door cardsThe man without a signature.0 -
vikingaero wrote: »A decent place will spend a few hours to tint a car properly. That means:
Cleaning the glass
Sizing the tint
Removing the door cards
Removing the windows/glass (except the back window)
Cleaning the glass
Applying the tint
Baking the tinted glass in an oven
Refitting and reassembling the door cards
They only need to clean the window once:p , size the tint and apply. The rest is not necessary.
£50 per window is average.0 -
I want my windows tinted on my 08 plate VW Eos im not sure if they will be able to remove the windows as its a hard top convertible especially the rear one as everything is on hydraulics

Im near manchester anyone know a good place to get it done?
many thanks
Steph xx0 -
-
Stephb1986 wrote: »I want my windows tinted on my 08 plate VW Eos im not sure if they will be able to remove the windows as its a hard top convertible especially the rear one as everything is on hydraulics

Im near manchester anyone know a good place to get it done?
many thanks
Steph xx
The back window doesn't need to be removed as the tint can be applied in place. It would be impossible to remove the window without breaking the adhesive sealant. The reason for baking the tint in an oven is to ensure adhesion on the lips where the front/rear windows winds up and down and contacts the sealing rubber.The man without a signature.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
