We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Car Window Tinting

2

Comments

  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    I want my windows tinted on my 08 plate VW Eos im not sure if they will be able to remove the windows as its a hard top convertible especially the rear one as everything is on hydraulics :(

    Im near manchester anyone know a good place to get it done?

    many thanks

    Steph xx
    Now you're just showing off :p;)
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • I don't want them to bake my windows in an oven.

    I just want them to apply the tint the DIY way... without getting it wrong. £50 per window is hardly "great".
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    kenan557 wrote: »
    I don't want them to bake my windows in an oven.

    I just want them to apply the tint the DIY way... without getting it wrong. £50 per window is hardly "great".

    so you want it done for next to nothing, firstly the film itself isnt that cheap to buy,then you want someone trained and skilled to do work for you for peanuts.
    why dont you go on a course and learn how to do it,then you could undercut the guys who already do it and make a fortune,or not?
    ...work permit granted!
  • so you want it done for next to nothing, firstly the film itself isnt that cheap to buy,then you want someone trained and skilled to do work for you for peanuts.
    why dont you go on a course and learn how to do it,then you could undercut the guys who already do it and make a fortune,or not?

    The film IS cheap, when you buy it wholesale it's about 1 metre for £1... Besides I've just got a quote from a respectable shop for £75... will check if it will go lower.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Riq wrote: »
    Now you're just showing off :p;)


    LMAO no im not i just think my car would look better with tinted windows, Im going to get it lowered a bit more too soon :cool: :p

    Steph xx
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    I always think people with tinted windows must be drug dealers or gangsters.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,921 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    geri1965 wrote: »
    I always think people with tinted windows must be drug dealers or gangsters.

    Psst! Want some gear?! :p:D

    I've got tints on our MPV and they are brilliant. It even makes the bus look cooler if that's remotely possible. :eek:

    Reasons for having them:

    (1) Young kids and babies are generally more photosensitive to sunlight. Our two monsters used to crane their necks in awkward positions to get away from the light.

    (2) Privacy and security - you can't see our DVD screens in the back and if I have to carry something valuable or lots of luggage in the car then it's hidden.
    The man without a signature.
  • judderman
    judderman Posts: 166 Forumite
    i was quoted £263 for all window's not sure if that included the front, doubt it.
    He said would take about 6 hours and would be baked in oven, proper job!!
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    LMAO no im not i just think my car would look better with tinted windows, Im going to get it lowered a bit more too soon :cool: :p

    Steph xx
    Why not go the whole hog and get some chrome spinning alloys?! ;)
    Or get someone to cut a big air intake vent into the front of your bonnet. :D
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Riq wrote: »
    Why not go the whole hog and get some chrome spinning alloys?! ;)
    Or get someone to cut a big air intake vent into the front of your bonnet. :D

    I dont need the spinning alloys i have chicago ones already which are VW top of the range ha ha and already look the dogs danglers. I dont really want to touch my bonnet if i can help it i dont need a air intake it goes quick enough as it is :) but thanks for the suggestion :p

    Steph xxx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.