We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Car Window Tinting

13»

Comments

  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    I dont need the spinning alloys i have chicago ones already which are VW top of the range ha ha and already look the dogs danglers. I dont really want to touch my bonnet if i can help it i dont need a air intake it goes quick enough as it is :) but thanks for the suggestion :p

    Steph xxx
    Bah, always an answer! :p
    I think I will have to test drive one of these Eos things, just to see how nice it is.
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    LMAO no im not i just think my car would look better with tinted windows, Im going to get it lowered a bit more too soon :cool: :p

    Steph xx

    That'll put your insurance up nicely (or invalidate it completely) :rolleyes:

    Actually, the tinted windows might do that.
  • froggy_girl128
    froggy_girl128 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    That'll put your insurance up nicely (or invalidate it completely) :rolleyes:

    Actually, the tinted windows might do that.

    All you do is car you insurance and tell them you have lowered it and tell them about the tinted windows just incase.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
  • tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    All you do is car you insurance and tell them you have lowered it and tell them about the tinted windows just incase.

    And they will re-rate the policy and charge you more for modifying the car.

    I used to work in insurance ;)
  • froggy_girl128
    froggy_girl128 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    And they will re-rate the policy and charge you more for modifying the car.

    I used to work in insurance ;)

    Yes and whats the problem with them charging you more? No point in not telling them and driving around without valid insurance.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
  • tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    Yes and whats the problem with them charging you more? No point in not telling them and driving around without valid insurance.

    Exactly! I said it would put the insurance up in my first post on this thread! :confused:

    And some companies won't cover modified cars, which will then cost cancellation fees as well.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    its not like i cant afford it anyway so its no big deal :)

    Steph xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.