Mizmir's determined to get there diary

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hi mizmir liking the new diary you seem to have it all sorted out (with brilliant help from dragon) another new diary to get lost in ...how exciting ...i love reading diaries reading about the daily lives of people you get to care about ...
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks elantan - has been a productive day getting things in order. Now I just have to live it!! But will manage it with help from you guys! And you are right about the diaries - they become little communities of friends - I love it.
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Going through the bank statements noticed there was a monthly payment of £20 to Virgin wines - not that we have had any wine delivered for ages (buy what is on offer at Tesco!). Further investigation and it appears that, when we bought a case at Christmas with a £40 off voucher we inadvertently signed up for a "wine bank" - which we have £100 in - £80 of which is ours. Tempted as I was to buy some wine I have asked for it back and closed the account!

So we should be getting a refund soon! :T
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ooo nice wee find
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Blimey - that was a good find. I hope they refund you soon!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Am keeping fingers crossed it is back in our account soon - would be handy this month certainly.

Aim for today - spend as little as possible at the charity fun day - and get rid of my headache before it gets going!

Talk later
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Mizmir!

This is great! I love what you're doing... trying to think back to things as they occurred to me reading through.....

Oh, the first was the transfer to the low LoB card - it won't bring forward the DFD of itself, but if it frees up a couple of hundred (is that a one off or monthly) then *that* is one of the things that will bring forward your DFD.

And will the wine bank refund money? Does it do that? If so, thats great - just shows what we sign up for and don't know. I entered a text competition and apparently signed up for texts that cost me 50p to receive, twice a week. I mean, I know its nothing compared to a couple hundred, but all this stuff adds up, thats the point. Well done you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    mizmir wrote: »
    Going through the bank statements noticed there was a monthly payment of £20 to Virgin wines - not that we have had any wine delivered for ages (buy what is on offer at Tesco!). Further investigation and it appears that, when we bought a case at Christmas with a £40 off voucher we inadvertently signed up for a "wine bank" - which we have £100 in - £80 of which is ours. Tempted as I was to buy some wine I have asked for it back and closed the account!

So we should be getting a refund soon! :T

Oooh slam that straight into paying something off as soon as you get it! that is a bonus and a half (hmm not the most conventional way of saving .......:rotfl:, but whatever works for you :D)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • mizmir
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Back from the charity day - phew - soooooo hot! We were all melting by the end but I managed to only spend £3.10 which was good - and for charity so feel better about it!

The wine money will go straight off the debts - and might catapault me a bit further on my £10 a day in May challenge which I am doing really badly on! :D Karmacat - the couple of hundred is off the last debt payment - making that one £1K rather than £1400 - but every bit helps and means that if I can find/earn/save an extra £1k over the 16 months it will bring my DFD forward. In fact that is a thought - every time I hit the 10 a day target I bring my DFD a week nearer! Over 16 months that is 16 weeks or 4 months!! So I could if I put my mind to it be DF in a year. :T
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Of course you can get your debt free date to within a year.....be positive :D
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure