We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Yellow line puzzle

13»

Comments

  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Definitely enough grounds for appeal, if they can't agree between them what it means...
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I wondered if it was a blue sign for disabled parking as in they are retricted to 2 hours parking instead of the usual 3?
  • thescouselander
    thescouselander Posts: 5,547 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    faddy wrote: »
    During the afternoon of Bank Holiday Monday I parked for less than two hours on double yellow lines. On the adjacent pavement was a sign with a blue background reading: "Mon-Sat 7am-7pm Waiting limited to 2 hours Return prohibited within 2 hours". (The wall in the background is part of Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral)

    I duly received a parking ticket with PCN code 01 ("parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours").

    On returning to the scene of the crime with my camera, I noticed that other stretches of the same road have signs with white backgrounds, with the same wording, and no yellow lines.

    Discuss :confused:

    ah, I remember parking on that stretch of road regularly in my student days when I was at Liverpool Uni. As I remember the lines there used to be broken yellow lines - they had worn off so you could actually park all day.

    It looks like the lines have been re-painted but as double yellows. Perhaps they forgot to remove the sign when they changed the lines.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Yes, I've just read your link and was coming back to say the same thing.

    From your link it looks like "waiting" and "parking" are the same.


    I'd query what the sign means with the council, or whoever it was gave you the ticket.

    It wasn't me who got the ticket :D

    I forgot to mention, plates qualifying yellow line restrictions are yellow background and black writing, the blue background and white writing in the photos usually applies to parking bays etc, looks to me like the plate might mean nothing and therefore so might the lines!
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition


  • All this will be irrelevant if the double yellow lines do not conform to the specifications in the road traffic act.

    Check pepipoo.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.