15678911»

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Cardew wrote:
    Thanks for this.

I have the original leaflet giving all the ‘BT fixed to April 2010’ regional prices and there were 2 electricity prices quoted for Scottish areas – Scottish Hydro and Scottish Power. To give you the benefit of the doubt I quoted the higher BG Scottish Power area tariff(13.798/7.764p) The Scottish Hydro area tariff was 14.102/7.145p. Should you be on the latter your savings would be less.(obviously gas is the same in all regions)

I am in the Scottish Power area - Scottish Hydro tends to cover further north where there are more mountains.
    The whole historical London Energy/EDF pricing structure is a mystery. None of the comparison sites appear to have accurate(historical) details of the various online tariffs and they seem to think BG’s 2010 tariff is cheaper for Scotland(which from your prices is not the case) Your tariff appears to be much cheaper than any recorded on the comparison sites. Given that EDF are under no obligation to keep your prices so low(relatively) I wonder what is the incentive for them to do so? Especially as their current prices are some 40% more expensive than yours.

Up until the last price increase, the comparison sites always had the Online tariff although it was when they were separate and not all under the EDF name. They were all owned by EDF but still kept their own names. Now London Energy is no more and is now called EDF. It may mean the demise of the Online tariff although I hope not.
    Still there is another 44 months to see what will happen!

True - plenty of time for the big fall in 2007 ;)
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    jem16 wrote:
    True - plenty of time for the big fall in 2007 ;)

I will be more than happy to see a big fall in energy prices in 2007 or earlier. I have no wish to see prices continue rising as eventually all of us on fixed prices will have to pay those prices.

I took out BG fixed to 2010 as a form of insurance; I also have life insurance. I will be happy for the premiums for both to be a waste of money. Although I fear that the latter policy will eventually pay out;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure