We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Is having children or just being fat a disability ?

1235»

Comments

  • piglet29
    piglet29 Posts: 6,214 Forumite
    Dont know if it is all Asda stores, but in my local one, there are signs which have been put up recently, informing people who park in disabled/parent & child bays without permit/child that they will be fined £60!!
    A freebie a day sends a smile my way!
    Night Owl member No 9 :kisses2:
    I Started out with nothing.....still have most of it left:o
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Then you will get some armchair lawyer saying they are not fines they are merely invoices blah blah blah..... *yawns*
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • lilac_lady wrote: »
    Going back to the OP's post, it's time that Blue Badge parking was supervised by the supermarkets. That would include checking that the the badgeholder was the person jumping out the car, not their spouse, neighbour, friend etc.


    Trouble is, when we have gone to our supermarket customer services to complain about non-blue badge holders parking in the disabled bays with a list of numberplates, they don't want to tannoy those customers as they don't want to offend them and loose their custom (Their words not mine), so as a result, they have lost my custom, and my Mums, as she can't get to the store throught their ignorance!!
    **This space is available to rent**
  • bigoggy2007
    bigoggy2007 Posts: 210 Forumite
    why drag up a 14 month old thread:confused:
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    donnalove wrote: »
    why just for saying he would keep money if found in the street :confused:that doesn't make him a criminal, it certainly doesn't mean he would break in anywhere.

    do u really think that if u hand a fiver in at tescos or asda it goes to who lost it:confused:

    anyone can see you hand it in and then go claim its theirs.

    Nope, tesco only give it back if you can prove it’s yours, that’s why I keep a note of the serial numbers
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    vaio wrote: »
    that’s why I keep a note of the serial numbers

    What, of every note you possess?
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Rolandtheroadie Posts: 5,102 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    jammin wrote: »
    What, of every note you possess?

    No, just the ones he loses.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,484 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    aardvaak wrote: »
    I am always reporting to the security people these ignorant sods in my local Tesco's for parking in disabled bays - whenever I have been there there has been at least 6 many times a lot more.

    The security guards can not care less one saying to me "I know we have stickers to put on their windscreens but don't do it anymore as some people have claimed damage to their wipers" It's no wonder these bast**ds still do it and get away with it.

    I just hope one day they will be disabled and someone causes a problem to them.

    If it was up to me I'd clamp them.

    OMG GET A LIFE ! Wishing a disability on someone just because you get your knickers in a knot is pretty childish.my childs disability is not visable but it doesnt make her any less disabled and quite frankly if some one came up to me and questioned why i was parked in a particular bay they would get a very quick and direct reply !
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • why drag up a 14 month old thread:confused:


    Sorry, this cropped up when I was searching for something totally unrelated. but read through as it's something relevant to me.
    Didn't think threads had a shelflife!
    **This space is available to rent**
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.