We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

moneymabels debt free by 2009 challenge

1…174175177179180…406

Comments

  • thepinklady
    thepinklady Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    Thats good new Tubby, I hope you get it!!

    I love updating my spreadsheets, i could spend hours working out my money. For some strange reason i find it quite enjoyable, god knows what i;m going to do when i become debt free, i will have to start a savings spreadsheet, which will be very weird as never ever been able to save before!!!

    I'm also wishing 2008 away Amy - roll on 2009!!!! A better year for us all!!
  • Nichelette
    Nichelette Posts: 2,230 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm not advanced enough to have a spreadsheet, I just have a bit of A4 paper with notches every £500 that I colour in red when I reach, it's a bit sad lol. It's on the wall in front of my computer with debt in capital letters and the breakdown below it, just in case I forget.:rotfl:
    Finally bought a home
    Starting mortgage £289,500 31.01.19 - Current outstanding £179,978.59
    Overpayments since 27.03.19: £59,882.33
    Moving fund so far £7500 - Premium bonds £4,100
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    LOL sounds like we are all waiting for 2008 to be over !
    I'm not computer literate enough for a spreadsheet, mines all on paper. Hypno had a great idea on another thread that you can use for savings, get a picture of whatever u want ( house /car etc) and divide it into squares each worth a chunk of the total number eg you want 3 grand for a house deposit divide into 30 squares each a hundred quid, when u save a hundred quid either colour in a square or do it the other way and reveal a square to show the whole pic when u have enough dosh. Hope that makes sense! Will def be doing it next year.
    Sounds good about the job tubbs- good luck with that .
  • tubby1987
    tubby1987 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Thanks ladys, think u'll have to start a new challenge in 2009 for what we all want to buy mabel :D As long as my CC is paid off this year I'll be over the moon.
    Member No#16 of - moneymabels debt free by 2009 :j
    Total Start debt - £2514.44 (£1488.16 of it @ 0%) / Current Debt - £2414.44 (£1488.16 of it @ 0%)
    Total Start Saved - £2200 / Current Saved - £2200
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    LOL that reads like what u all are goingto buy me!a new mini and some diamonds please ha ha!
    There is going to be a new thread tubbs , it will be a debt/savings thread so everyone can take part. A few pages back we were trying to think of a name for it. It wont be moneymabels blah blah thread as I am not starting this one on my own! Best suggestion so far is ' new year new start debt/savings thread ' any other ideas anyone ?
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Good luck Tubby, I hope you get the new job!!
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • tubby1987
    tubby1987 Posts: 60 Forumite
    'Challenge 2009 bust your debts and stuff your pockets'

    Thanks Cath I think if I get a interview and pass the tests they have, my chances will be very good
    Member No#16 of - moneymabels debt free by 2009 :j
    Total Start debt - £2514.44 (£1488.16 of it @ 0%) / Current Debt - £2414.44 (£1488.16 of it @ 0%)
    Total Start Saved - £2200 / Current Saved - £2200
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I like that one tubbs! Will have to do a poll or summat at the end of the year.
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    wahey another £24 recieved from Rbs credit card to quidco. Thats £220 due to be paid this month.
    Was wondering if I was going to get it as it was validated back in January but somethings gone right at last!
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    where is everyone tonight?! Have you lot got lives unlike me LOL ?!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.