Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

edited 12 September 2013 at 11:55PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1.1K replies 736.8K views

Replies

• PetreePetree Forumite
    139 Posts
    Ordered a few of the mens ones, using Vera Wang now, smelt a bit odd at first but 1/2 hour later is settling in nicely. The peppermint hand cleaner spray i used a bit before prob didn't help!! lol

The rollerball is poop, hold onto the top plastic bit and the whole thing just pulls out (ball and tube) and then i just dabbed it on my wrists (bit like you do with perfumes).

Cant complain for less than a couple of quid :money:

Thanks to OP for letting me know about this site.
  • I have bought Midnight poison Perfume from giftoffer co uk
    . It's very cheap and good customer service
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • BitterAndTwistedBitterAndTwisted Forumite
    22.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread deserves a bumpalicious because Perfume-Parlour is so fantastic. I've now ordered about a dozen different scents for myself and chums as gifts.

I love the Marc Jacobs' Daisy smell-alike and the Kenzo Flower one, they are for a friend but I'm tempted to order one of each for myself as well.

So far, for myself I have bought the Aromatics Elixir, Boucheron, Joy and Vera Wang and they are all totally delicious and wonderful.

£2.25 each including postage for the smallest size, so it truly is worth ordering some to try. You could end up saving yourself an absolute fortune.
  • pandora205pandora205 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to bump it again as I agree that Perfume Parlour is an excellent find. I bought three of the small (£2.25) fragrances and they are all lovely and one is a spot on copy (Issey Miyake) and they do last. I'm going to order a couple of the men's now to see if these are as good.
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • strawberries1strawberries1 Forumite
    817 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    This thread deserves a bumpalicious because Perfume-Parlour is so fantastic. I've now ordered about a dozen different scents for myself and chums as gifts.

I love the Marc Jacobs' Daisy smell-alike and the Kenzo Flower one, they are for a friend but I'm tempted to order one of each for myself as well.

So far, for myself I have bought the Aromatics Elixir, Boucheron, Joy and Vera Wang and they are all totally delicious and wonderful.

£2.25 each including postage for the smallest size, so it truly is worth ordering some to try. You could end up saving yourself an absolute fortune.

Hi all, thanks so much for sharing your money saving finds in an area that is very relevant to us all especially at a time like this.

I'm considering buying from perfume parlour and as there's a 3 x 8ml Perfume Oils (Special Offer)
    I figure I'll go for that.
    I'll like some your thoughts on their Daisy, Kenzo Flowers and Vera Wang similars.

Petree and BitterAndTwisted, I'm hoping you'll chip in too.
    Ta!!
  • shell_girlshell_girl Forumite
    642 Posts
    Hope this is the right place for feedback on this- got three scents through from perfume parlour this morning- ordered them at 5pm Thursday so quite impressed with the speed!
    Pure Poison- exactly like the original- OH was v confused when I gave it him to smell...'but you've already got this one!'. In my defence I've only got a couple of squirts left and was not going to spend to replace it, so am delighted with this one.
    Chanel Chance- haven't been able to afford this for a few years now, smells exactly like I remember.
    212 on Ice- Haven't worn this for years so I may be wrong but I don't remember it smelling exactly like PPs version. However, it is a beautiful smell and I'll happily wear it. Of the three OH says that one is the nicest smelling, so I guess it doesn't matter that it's not exactly how I remember it.

Hope this helps someone.
    Don't suffer alone - if you are experiencing Domestic Abuse contact the National Domestic Abuse Helplines
    England 0808 2000 247 Wales 0808 80 10 800 Scotland 0800 027 1234 Northern Ireland 0800 917 1414 Republic of Ireland 1800 341 900. Free and totally confidential.
    22.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll like some your thoughts on their Daisy, Kenzo Flowers and Vera Wang similars.

Petree and BitterAndTwisted, I'm hoping you'll chip in too.
    Ta!!

I'd never actually tried the Daisy or Vera Wang as testers before, I ordered them because I'd read up on them on the internet and they sounded like scents which were similar to ones I already liked and at £2.25 there was no reason to not give them a try.

The scents I ordered for friends I already knew were ones they liked and they've all received an amazed and rapturous response. Every single one of them. The Carolina Herrera 212 and 212 Sexy were particularly well-received and my other chum swore that the Cacharel Noa-alike is identical to the original.

I'm going to put in a little order for myself this weekend and am enjoying trying to narrow down a selection. At that price I might just gradually work my way down the whole list, bar the ones I know I'm not fond of.
  • GrammarGirlGrammarGirl Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    I've just ordered three - Flower Bomb, Coco Mademoiselle and Vera Wang Princess! So excited now!

Although, the website is really hard to use and looks ugly too. They should sort that out, it could be really wonderful!
    22.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me a few minutes to figure out how to select one of the scents once I'd decided on the size I wanted. Scroll right down to the bottom of the page and see the drop-down selector thingy.

GrammarGirl you'll get them in the post on Tuesday at the latest I expect, so could you post back on here about your selection? I'm interested in the Flower Bomb one myself
  • The flower bomb is 100% spot on! I was chuffed to find this after paying £73 for 100ml. Its not as strong as the real thing but still fab:D
    x