The best student mobile phone deals?

Options

Comments

• emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    i got nokia 6680 free, unlimited texts, 200mins xnet anytiime, stop the clock weeknds and eves, £30 a month, free sky tv till feb, im quite pleased
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is stop the clock? I've heard it a few times but dont know what it is and how do you mean sky tv?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • crazyscientist
    Options
    I'm on O2 and i get 100 xnet mins and 400 txts for £19.99/month. Try ringing the call centre as they always have discresion to give better deals than what is advertised.
  • nikkif_3
    nikkif_3 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    stop the clock is where in the evenings and weekends you can ring someone for up to an hour and it will only deduct 3mins out of your minutes inclded in your bundle
  • Lady_K
    Options
    Oh that sounds worth looking into :) Thanx nikkif
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • emma_b_4
    Options
    yeh its quite good is stop the clock
    sky tv is on the nokia 6680 it has a tv thingy and you can access some channels like sport and news for free
    to be honest im not using it for that neway but spose would be good for sum ppl!
    im finding the nokia a bit big so rang them and im getting a k750i on mon cost me £20 extra but i really like the fone and i dont think thats a bad deal as on the webisite it int even down as you can have that phone!

rang orange found them quite rude with me and abrupt so didnt choose them and bn on o2 b4 and they always got bills wrong. i get unlimiteds texts and mms which is fab for me!
  • Lady_K
    Options
    So who did you get the deal with emma?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • emma_b_4
    Options
    oops..vodafone!!
    rang them up as on site you had to pay for the phones..but on the phone i had lots more choice and didnt have to pay
  • craig_40
    craig_40 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey everyone, couldnt help but fall into this convo...just to give you a heads up i work for Orange Retail and this is the way (if your a student) to get yourself a good deal)
    Student Deal yeh- 1000 text and 120 mins - £25 right?
    WELL!!
    If you go in store theres a scheme called 'Buyback' where if you trade in a handset we give you money on your account for free! but don't be so quick to trade in your last mobile phone tho, go and search in the sock draw for a proper old brick, as long as if turns on, orange are happy. At the mo (with the january sales!) there are some models that allow us to put "£100" free credit on your account! (D500, V3, Z500, C550i...other handsets have a trade in value of £50 not £100) with the trade in of an old handset to us!

So for a start you have bacically 4 months covered payment free!!!
    BUT THERES MORE!

Another 'trick' is to refer!! someone mentioned a page or so ago about their dad being on orange. what you do is go into an orange shop and somewhere about there should be a little card with a big '£75' printed on it, grab one and fill it in with your dads phone number and the address (make sure you do this just before you take out the new contract, its the only time you can do it!). That referal card will make you an extra £50 pound richer too!! not only that, but it makes your dad £25 as well! Obviously, its not cash, its 'credit' on your bill!

So heres a summary...
    Student Deal w/ 1000 texts 120 mins @ £25 per month
    --MINUS!--
    £150

Work that out in months and it means you effectivly get 6 MONTHS FREE!!!!

....but theres also another trick (if your greedy!) If you then 'refer' people to orange using the card i was talking about you can get another 50 quid for nothing! making it 8 months free!!

Hope ive made sense, all i said is legit, its just orange havent cottoned on to it yet. ooops.
    :
  • craig_40
    craig_40 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Karnam wrote:
    I have two student contracts on Orange (one for me one for the sister, and yes we are both students)

1) 120 xnet anytime mins, 1000 texts, 50% off landline calls, £50 credit at start of contract. I got the V3 for free as my contract is £25 a month. I got this through rententions by threatening to leave orange for other student packages.

2) 1000 xnet off peak mins, 1000 texts, 50% off landline calls and £50 credit at start of contract. My sister chose the new Pebl and got that for free her bill is £25 a month. We got this in the Orange shop, as retentions wouldnt give her anything good so she opened a new contract.

Haha, you know how to 'play' Orange, shame you didnt get v3 during jan, you would have got 100 pound credit insted of 50! Use the referal cards i mentioned above...plus, if you want more minutes for free, combine the two contracts into a family deal, 50% extra mins for free :j
    :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport