Rats...Do they make good pets?

Options
Can anyone tell me if this place is ever open on line ? I have looked most days for a week now and it always says shop shut ? Or does anyone else sell 'Tap -a -Drop ' ?

Comments

• Kelinik
    Kelinik Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its open again now. :)
    :heart2: Mumma to DD 13yrs, DD 11yrs & DS 3 yrs. :heart2:
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    She is back from her holiday and will re open soon for those who wanted the Tap-A-Drop stuff :D
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I LOVE that place it is fantastic!!
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    It's pretty good that Tap-A-Drop stuff, no dog smells around now :D
  • Cherez
    Cherez Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter brought me two pet rats in January and they are beautiful creatures, but the cage i have is looking decidedly past its best (and it wasnt cheap :( ), its a large cage but the bars have oxidised (sp) and the ladders look really grubby, I clean it out twice a week but it just doesnt clean up well, could anyone advise me of a large pet rat cage which is easy clean and wont oxidise please.

Thanks.
  • Kelinik
    Kelinik Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The savic freddy 2! Not cheap (unless you can get a second hand one on ebay - they do come up) but it has a huge door with a really secure catch, powder coated bars, is really easy to clean and is a good size for 2/3 ratties.

I have three of them lol!
    :heart2: Mumma to DD 13yrs, DD 11yrs & DS 3 yrs. :heart2:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have a traditional rat cage http://www.gpsdirect.biz/ProductDetails~productID~4490~categoryid~196.aspx for my daughter's rats.
  • Jummy
    Jummy Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    Kelinik wrote: »
    The savic freddy 2! Not cheap (unless you can get a second hand one on ebay - they do come up) but it has a huge door with a really secure catch, powder coated bars, is really easy to clean and is a good size for 2/3 ratties.

I have three of them lol!

We have this cage for our 2 rats Rodders and Ruby(both girls but ones got a boys name (long story).
    I clean it out thoroughly once a week and small cleans in between and it is great.
    We got ours from Pets at home for about £70.
  • Cherez
    Cherez Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all very much for your replies, I think I will go with the Savic one, it does seem very good and hopefully will look good for longer. :)
  • ymakesmile
    Options
    I want to order some rat bedding and food online but I want to get them from one website so that I dont have to pay delivery twice. Can anyone recommend a website that has suitable things. I have looked at Rat Warehouse but the delivery works out extremely expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure