Money saving??? Spent a fortune!!!

Options
:eek:

After reading this site yesterday I spent a fortune!
First there was the craghoppers sale so i bought some stuff there.
When I looked later on there was the amazon dvd sale so bought some dvd's.
Then at night read about all the extra points at boots.com so had to buy some stuff there as well!!
Must learn to control myself! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
travelover

Comments

• Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    :eek:

After reading this site yesterday I spent a fortune!
    First there was the craghoppers sale so i bought some stuff there.
    When I looked later on there was the amazon dvd sale so bought some dvd's.
    Then at night read about all the extra points at boots.com so had to buy some stuff there as well!!
    Must learn to control myself! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ahem. Bargains are only bargains if you were going to buy the items anyway at a higher price. Honestly... :rolleyes:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • Loadsabob
    Loadsabob Posts: 662 Forumite
    Options
    I think it's easy to get caught up in the bargain frenzy... I saw a post about very cheap jeans at La Redoute and went to check them out...then thought, did I want jeans anyway? No. If I did, would the ones I want be at La Redoute? Probably not. There's an odd pull to buy something just because it's heavily reduced - why is that??? I seem to be able to stop myself these days. Although, Littlereddevil, I'm not saying you can't control yourself, these may all be things you wanted anyway!!

On the other hand, bargain of the century for me is the £9.99 waffle maker from Tchibo. It arrived last night, I've not tried it yet, but it looks sturdy and lovely, just the thing. I've been wanting one for about four years, looking at the £35+ ones in Lakeland, biding my time, and not really wanting any of those anyway as they make fan-shaped waffles and I wanted rectangular ones. So this one really fits the bill perfectly...worth the four year wait!! I wouldn't have found it without MSE.
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    You do have to pick and choose the bargains that are useful. Sometimes some great stuff comes up that are good for pressies. Just be sure that you really want that item before you click the buy button.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hm.. in an odd sort of way this thread would do well on the "How much have you saved" Board so I'll move it across for you shortly.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • henhog
    henhog Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    Options
    Littlereddevil - I know exactly what you mean. I saw that Boots had triple points on line and an extra 1000 points if you spent £75. I was really considering buying a new pushchair so that I can leave one at the childminders instead of having to give her mine at the beg. of the week. I am so pleased with my self that I stopped my self at the last moment - we already have two pushchairs anyway (but one is big, bulky, old etc). I can use the old one and give her the other until I find a cheap second hand one (more like £2 than £75!)
    Also got and ad from the leccy board advertising an eco kettle. It looked so good and money saving (£29.99, not £39.99 and saves a third on fuel and water compared to regular kettles) because it only boils as much water as you need each time you use it. But as OH pointed out - we have a perfectly good kettle already - I just need to put less water in it!
    Sorry if this is a bit off OS but it would have seriously messed my budget up if I had bought these 'bargains'!
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I found this too in the beginning.
    Now Mums voice rings in my ears.

Do you want it?
    Can you afford it?
    Do you need it?

If you answer yes to all three go ahead and buy. If one no.........well then.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rikki wrote:
    I found this too in the beginning.
    Now Mums voice rings in my ears.

Do you want it?
    Can you afford it?
    Do you need it?

If you answer yes to all three go ahead and buy. If one no.........well then.

Same here. Except in my case it's Martin's voice I can hear saying it! ;)
  • geekgirl
    Options
    I found some bargains on a site I was looking at recently, I browsed through adding all the things I would like to my basket. Then..............I went through and removed all the things that could wait till later, I didn't really need, or were not practical, I saved pounds!!!!!
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    When I recently purchased a vintage lilac leather jacket on eBay (£11 inc p&p), my husband didn't believe me when I told him I'd always wanted a purple leather jacket. I did, honest!
  • Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this , BUT I am so happy I have got to tell people. Having browsed through this site last night I noticed that various posters have been doing "deals" with NTL and reducing their payments or increasing their products for the same price. Well, I have just managed to arrage a "3 for £30" deal saving over £18 per month and a total of £216 per year . YIPPEEE ....thank you everyone , it really has made my day XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure