Have free bus pass, want to travel.

Options

Comments

• Ice_2
    Ice_2 Posts: 3,486 Forumite
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    I wonder if Boris will let out of towners use their free passes on the tube if he's elected.
    I love Boris he is like a breath of freash air compared to the other stuffy tories he should run for David Cameron's job....I'd vote for him then...but at the moment I don't know who to vote for I hate Gordon Brown...the most hated man in Britain...as someone I know once said "He is the worse threat to Britain since Adolf Hitler..." and that came from a 21 year old...so no vote there then...:D

Plans for 2009
    1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
    contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.
  • Ice_2
    Options
    chesky369 wrote: »
    Can't you use them on the tube at present?
    I think you need a freedom pass for that...:D

Plans for 2009
  • Ice_2
    Options
    anyone else got the bus pass with a carer on it...I have...have asked my DS and he say's yes so we are off to London in December to do some christmas shopping...I love London was last there in 1984 so this will be a birthday present for me an extra christmas present for him and we will get some goodies while we are there...not bothered about any sight seeing just get down the shops and take in the decorations...that'll do me we can go again another time to sight see...as I have seen most of London although I haven't been to nottinghill so we could go there sometime...:D

Plans for 2009
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ice wrote: »
    I love Boris he is like a breath of freash air compared to the other stuffy tories he should run for David Cameron's job....I'd vote for him then...but at the moment I don't know who to vote for I hate Gordon Brown...the most hated man in Britain...as someone I know once said "He is the worse threat to Britain since Adolf Hitler..." and that came from a 21 year old...so no vote there then...:D

I'd vote for George Bush for mayor before I voted for Ken !
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Ice_2
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    I'd vote for George Bush for mayor before I voted for Ken !
    :rotfl:lol and that is saying something...lol:rotfl:

Plans for 2009
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    Ice wrote: »
    right...you all went off the beaten track there and I was like boots what boots...so here goes...Martin Clunes Doc Martin....tv program yes that's who I was on about...had a bit of a laugh about it all...but I would really like to go to the Eden Project have followed it since it began way back when...that would be worth a few days out and stop over ...thanks guys keep them coming...:Dalthough I wouldn't be doing much walking as I can't I use a wheelchair and crutches...so anything that doesn't require to much on foot...

Most of the places to be visited now have to have disabled access and many have a motorised buggy that can be borrowed. The Eden Project has good paths so why not phone and see if they have such a facility?

Sorry, have not seen said TV programme, I gather it's set in Cornwall?
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If we could get back on subject. I would like to tell you of this experience. Yesterday we were given the website of http://www.carlberry.co.uk/,

You are given the opportunity to enter a destination and it will show all services that arrive there. I entered Cromer (Norfolk) and saw there was ample services in that area, but one in particular from Norwich to that destination. I had never heard of that bus operator so I emailed them to ask if they recognised the free bus pass. Back came the reply, "yes, but after 8.30am". So that now means if I enter Norwich in http://www.carlberry.co.uk/, it will show me the next or rather previous stage, so in effect, it's a case of working backwards to establish a route. In mu opinion, this is a really useful tool.
  • Ice_2
    Options
    islandman wrote: »
    If we could get back on subject. I would like to tell you of this experience. Yesterday we were given the website of http://www.carlberry.co.uk/,

You are given the opportunity to enter a destination and it will show all services that arrive there. I entered Cromer (Norfolk) and saw there was ample services in that area, but one in particular from Norwich to that destination. I had never heard of that bus operator so I emailed them to ask if they recognised the free bus pass. Back came the reply, "yes, but after 8.30am". So that now means if I enter Norwich in http://www.carlberry.co.uk/, it will show me the next or rather previous stage, so in effect, it's a case of working backwards to establish a route. In mu opinion, this is a really useful tool.
    thanks for that islandman....good work...:D

Plans for 2009
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The East Midlands Regional Assembly, whoever they are, sent me a Main Bus & Rail Links between Towns & Cities map yesterday, and at first site, gave me a fright. But, it look to be an invaluable item. It covers from Leeds to MK and Stoke on Trent to Boston. If you feel this might be useful, google for info.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We used our bus passes the other day for the second time and this time we went from the car park nearest home in Wales to Swansea. What a palaver it was. The first bus was late and we missed the connection by a minute so we got an alternative bus. Up and down, round and round it went and finished in Bridgend. Then we got another, direct to Swansea. We had a couple of hours there and made our way home. The whole trip started from home at 10. 20 am and finished after 6 and was absolutely shattering and involved 5 buses

ps I bought a roll of thread and a pack of fruit gums in Swansea and we had a paninni for our lunch, which cost us £10. I would not have spent that on our lunch at home as it was essentially a tin of tuna and a couple of bagettes. Bus is fine if you want to kill time in the day but I didn`t like it and I have plenty to do with my time so it will be the car for me in future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure