🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Have free bus pass, want to travel.

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,143 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Which particular post were you refering to with regard to "this on Radio 4", and are we talking about any specific bus not being available every Thursday?
    I'm sorry, I was probably half asleep when I posted it, so I was thinking of those of you who wanted to travel all the way across or up and down the country ... And yes it was a specific bus only running every other Thursday: I think the chap was making the point that you couldn't always rely on printed timetables!

My link was different to the one given by bagpuss_fan, that chap had difficulty getting north out of Bristol, which surprised me on one level but not on another. We do not enjoy particularly reliable services around here, but I thought there were local buses to Yate and Thornbury. :confused:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • LimeLight
    LimeLight Posts: 8,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know all about timetables you can't rely on.

By me are times for buses that were axed April 07!
    just passing through.... Nothing to see....
  • Ice_2
    Ice_2 Posts: 3,486 Forumite
    Options
    ohh I am liking this thread travel the world or at least england is our oster...I would love to travel down to cornwall doc martin country....but from whitby that would have to be afew stop overs I think...but all the merrier abit of sight seeing on the way...but at the moment I am not well enough and I haven't got my pass yet it's in process of being done...:D

Plans for 2009
    1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
    contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    Today's Observer travel section has a two-page article on travel guide writer Hilary Bradt's bus journeys from Penzance to Lowestoft (with stops along the way); I'm technologically useless, so perhaps someone else would be able to do a link.
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    Ice wrote: »
    ohh I am liking this thread travel the world or at least england is our oster...I would love to travel down to cornwall doc martin country....but from whitby that would have to be afew stop overs I think...but all the merrier abit of sight seeing on the way...but at the moment I am not well enough and I haven't got my pass yet it's in process of being done...:D

Doc Martin country? The famous boots?

There's a lot more to Cornwall than boots. Daphne du Maurier country - most of her novels were set in Cornwall and they all evoke its history and scenery.

The Eden Project - that's a wonderful place to visit. Hard on the feet though - a lot of walking.

Helston, as in the 'Floral Dance'? And Padstow, where they have a centuries-old dance to celebrate springtime.

Cornwall is almost a country on its own, there's so much to see there.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suppose if you REALLY need to follow Doc Martin country, you ought to refer to where they were made, which was at Irthlingborough in Northants. Such a profit maker were they for the family Griggs, that they built a football stadium etc and the local football team, which was a combination of Irthlingborough Diamonds and Rushden Athletic and called them Rushden Diamonds. How's that for digressing?.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    It's some kind of television programme! Sorry, I was barking up completely the wrong tree. Just shows what you miss if you don't watch much TV.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family