Tips for selling on Ebay

Options

Comments

• surfernotts
    Options
    i have come up with another tip

DONT use royal Mail

They lose too much stuff. if your serious about selling get a courier on board.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
     if your serious about selling get a courier on board.

More info please, which courier and how much do they charge? Is it much dearer than Royal Mail?
  • JIMJAM_4
    JIMJAM_4 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    tell us more sufernotts any recommentations
  • chitty
    chitty Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Regarding brown paper from Wilkinsons. I tend to buy the rubble sacks from Morrisons. Usually £1.50 for 5 but I usually wait until they're on 2-4-1 and get a few.

More durable than brown paper and waterproof :)

Hope this helps,
  • Sues_Clan
    Options
    Be Careful .....when looking at a bidding list whether past or current and you see a username with no feedback its usually the seller bumping up his Auction ::)

Good Luck ;)

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • svmitche
    svmitche Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    That's a massive generalisation Sues_clan!  :o

Over the past few weeks I have had several zero feedback bidders on my auctions.

Thankfully, the majority have either been out bid or have turned out to be genuine buyers at the end, but it's wrong to say that zero feedback bidders are usually the seller. In some unscrupulous cases it may be true, but in my case and in many others it is most certainly not.

I would advise buyers to follow the excellent advice that you yourself gave on the advice to sellers board here:

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Ebay;action=display;num=1088971686;start=15#15

to ensure a hassle free auction.
    I'm so sexy it's a wonder my underpants don't explode.
  • Sues_Clan
    Options
    Hi svmitche

I apologise to all Genuine Sellers such as yourself no offense intended. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my previous advice much appreciated. ;D

Sues_Clan ;)

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • svmitche
    svmitche Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Sues_Clan - after re-reading my original post, I think I came across as a lot more obnoxious than I intended.

Obviously I was having a bad hair day. ::)

Thank you for apologising, but I feel that it is I who should apologise for my tone and for being oversensitive!
    I'm so sexy it's a wonder my underpants don't explode.
  • Scouter_Chris
    Options
    I save money on placingd images on my selling items by using paint shop pro (similar to photoshop) to merge two photos in to one. it can mean that the image is slightly smaller, but it does mean that you can put more than one view of your item in place of one (hence free!!)

HTH, Chris
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I save money on placingd images on my selling items by using paint shop pro (similar to photoshop) to merge two photos in to one.  it can mean that the image is slightly smaller, but it does mean that you can put more than one view of your item in place of one (hence free!!)

HTH, Chris

i hadnt thought of that.... great idea chris
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills