🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

AWFUL customer service at Halfiax!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• Mr_Skint_2
    Mr_Skint_2 Posts: 5,183 Forumite
    Options
    Wig wrote:
    Should be a comma after "yeah".

Should be an apostrophe in "what's".

Should be an apostrophe in "you'll" in your later post.

Should be the word "from" inserted between twerps and time

Should be a full stop after the second "time"

"They" should have a capital 'T'

A comma after the first "prove"

Quotation marks "" on all your quotes are also missing.

Yes but I dont worry that much one word a day is more than enough. :j
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    Mr_Skint wrote:
    Wig dear bean I was being sarcastic in light of the first post.

At whos expense? Anyway, whatever, I'm done with this now. The forum is too slow (refreshing screen) to waste time on this.
  • Mr_Skint_2
    Mr_Skint_2 Posts: 5,183 Forumite
    Options
    Wig wrote:
    At whos expense? Anyway, whatever, I'm done with this now. The forum is too slow (refreshing screen) to waste time on this.

Wig dont worry about the screen refresh its a server prob that happens on the hour Martins getting it fixed at some stage.

P.S The jokes on me. :rotfl:

Teachers Eh.
  • sockospice
    Options
    Hebejebe wrote:
    My sister and her husband changed bank accounts after years of crap service from Halifax. The final straw was the SECOND time they charged them for their mortgage repayments twice in one month - no apology, no offer of compensation, nada.

I'd steer clear.

They did that to my OH too. Fortunately they paid all bank charges incurred, but it's still annoying.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wig wrote:
    Whose expense, surely? ;)
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    MarkyMarkD wrote:
    Whose expense, surely? ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I knew it wasn't "who's" and I just wrote what I thought might be right, but I knew it looked wrong. :D
  • Hereford_Wolf
    Options
    Forget Halifax - Go First Direct
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,806 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trying to bring this back on topic, do we now if Halifax ever came back to OP with an update? ;-)))
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Wig wrote:
    OP,

You didn't say if you had proof of your new address with you. Did they not accept what you had? Or did you have nothing to show your new address?

I agree the woman wasn't exactly well mannered, but on the issue of opening a new account, I would say they were right not to do it until you could show proof of address.

I previously rang Halifax. They told me to go into the local branch with a proof of ID (passport/driving license) proof of student loan, and university term details and where i WILL be living when I go to uni.

I went in with that and was told to go home by a very ill mannered woman. As it was a 40 min drive I was not best pleased.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Halifax never came back to me. I am now in Dublin for a week holiday but my parents said no-one has called even though I was expecting a call from the manager. Very disappointed :(
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills