AWFUL customer service at Halfiax!?!?!?!

Options
Hi all.

Its my 18th birthday today. A happy occasion supposedly.

Went to halifax to open up a student account today. I rang up and they told me to visit a local branch with information of the Uni etc.. and prove of ID.

So i went in, and this young lady said to me with no interest " you have to either book an appointment for a few weeks time or use our phone service, we have a phone here for you".

I was a little angry as I wanted face to face but accpeted the phone service which I would have rather done at home. When on the phone to a spokesperson he told me he needed to speak to an advisor because my address had changed from my normal current account.

I told the woman he wanted to speak to her, and she said "ok 2 minutes."

Me and my mother timed 15 minutes before she picked up the phone. She came over, picked the phone up, turned her back on us compeltely and started talking to the man.

Afterwards she told me "Do you have Governemnt prove of your new address on you" which i replied no to. She told me due to this I have to come back in a few weeks time and do it again.

Whats worse is its a 1 hour drive to the nearest branch.

I am VERY VERY unhappy with this, and felt like complaining about the stupid snobby woman who wouldnt take her head out of her own !!!!!! :(

Rant over.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
[/FONT]

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Happy 18th Birthday. _party_

It can be a cruel world when you are an adult.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Thanks Rikki.

I've been with Halifax all my life and so has my family. We have never ever had problems before. Very disappointed as we just moved and thats our closest branch. May have to speak to the manager there sometime!!!!

Should be better than that! whats the point travelling to a bank to be given a phone and told "do it all over that"

So stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:@
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    [/FONT]
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    I would be half tempted to ring up halifax and ask about their complaints procedure. That's terrible service.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    One thing I have learnt about banks over the years is Loyalty counts for nothing.
    You need to change banks as your needs change. A student account now may not be suitable when you start work.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    Must be careful when you move bank accounts though. Neighbour moved their account...contents insurance wasn't taken....few days later they had a fire.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    I was recommended Halifax by a LOT of students that have one at University. As I am going to university soon I wanted to create this account. I already have a Halifax Current Account, and last year they sent me a birthday card for my 17th. Not only did I not get a card, but i got awful customer service, even though the stupid woman knew it was my 18th when checking my details.

Very disappointed :(
    [/FONT]
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    rchddap1 wrote:
    I would be half tempted to ring up halifax and ask about their complaints procedure. That's terrible service.

Just spoke to someone and complained. He was very disturbed to here of the customer service as it is VERY unlike halifax. So he spoke to the manager of the branch and I'm waiting for a personal apology from the branch manager :)

All better.
    [/FONT]
  • Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you, MercilessKiller! :beer:
    [
  • MercilessKiller
    Options
    Thanks Bennifred :)

I'm even off to work in 15 mins till 9:30pm!!! Thats loyalty for ya!!!

Ireland tomorrow though so will be disappearing for a week from here :(
    [/FONT]
  • klondyke
    klondyke Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday - hope the Halifax gives you compensation for being so incompetent:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure