How far can YOU make £1 stretch?

Comments

• bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    I spent 99p on a kilo of bacon pieces the other day so you would have enough change for a penny sweet.
  • Good question- depends what I needed to get with it but if it was a meal:

~Value pasta quills- 19p, Value tinned toms-19p, Red lentils- 50p, Onion-12p= £1

Cook the tinned tomatoes with the onion, lentils and some water to make a lentil soup, then cook up some pasta and throw in. You could substitute the pasta for some cheapy rolls if you could get any reduced;)

You could alternatively get:

~Value shampoo- 27p, Value Shower Gel- 10p, 2 x Value toothbrush- 14p, Value toothpaste- 19p, 3 xValue Soap- 15p = 85p so money left for a bag of space invaders!

I'm actually amazed how much you can get for £1 having bothered to look:o !

GISI
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • oh leotal; that's an amazing profit made there, well done!
    LBM : August 2007
    my debts: less than this time last year....!
    DFW Nerd Club #706I'm Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • I would buy 4 packs of vegetable seed as lidl. Enough carrots, onions, parsnips and swedes. Enough for a whole winters vegetable soup.
    BHB
    :) Embrace your inner Hillbilly :)
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    rog2 wrote: »
    Can you still buy 'Broken Buscuits'? :confused:

Used to buy a big box (1kg) for 50p. What the heck, if they were 'broken' they still tasted the same.

Plus, they're low-calorie.

Everybody knows that when biscuits get broken, all the calories spill out, so broken biscuits contain virtually no calories. :D
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Plus, they're low-calorie.

Everybody knows that when biscuits get broken, all the calories spill out, so broken biscuits contain virtually no calories. :D

I've heard some excuses in my time ..... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

BHB
    :) Embrace your inner Hillbilly :)
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker

Thanks for confirming that, Tig - I always knew that the scientists were wrong. :beer:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    rog2 wrote: »
    Can you still buy 'Broken Buscuits'? :confused:

Used to buy a big box (1kg) for 50p. What the heck, if they were 'broken' they still tasted the same.

Mmmmmmmmm broken biscuits - heaven.
    I haven't seen them in years.
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • Anybody seen the new packaging with 20 p as the price for space invaders,cheesburgers etc ?
    ONLY COPY WHAT I AM DOING IF YOU ARE 100% SURE AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE END RESULT MAY BE. ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE. I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED . IF WHAT I AM DOING HELPS YOU IN ANY WAY CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
  • CarolynH
    CarolynH Posts: 570 Forumite

If you put normal biscuits up high, there's no calories - calories are afraid of heights and jump out. :D
    :D Make a list of important things to do today. At the top, put 'eat chocolate'. Now, you'll get at least one thing done today. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure