PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

whats the cheapest youve did it for inspire me!

Options
12346»

Comments

• destiny_star2006
    Options
    we all get plenty of protein eat lots of tuna and lots of meat we are defo a meat eating family...as for the kickboxing dh doesnt like going to kick boxing when hes eaten so he tends to just have something little then something big on his return...i like to keep biscuits in as oh doesnt eat cereal so he likes tea and biscuits on a mornin to help wake him up and set him for the day...diddnt buy any crisps this week and ive only had 2 packs all week and daughter has had 1 pack per day in lunch box and dh hasnt had any so ive savedhealth and cash this way as normally 28 packs of crisps would have been eaten by now which isnt good at all...i will try and combine high enerrgy food in their meals then hopefully they wont eat in between last night i made beef casserole with mash and this kept them out fo the cupboards for 3 hours then oh had steak pie and biscuits and 2 slices of toast brother had scrambled egg on toast and crap and daughter had waffles and red sauce lol with a small bowl of pickeld onions and gerkins oh yes and dh had tomatoe gerkins and onions on a plate before bed...terrible they are i no but i carnt say no your not having it can i ...
    tonight were having chick burgers with salad in buns with a few potato wedges this wont keep them full for long at all but its a meal and thats all i can do lol
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • richyg
    richyg Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing ok , but given that I have had a few .. and more .. drinks while reading it I cant help but seeing the word steak pie regularly. I could eat one now :rolleyes: This tells me the same thing that Mrs Richyg does every week. If she leave home made cakes out on a Friday night when she goes to bed - when I come in at 1 am I will eat them - simple as that. This is no different from Salmon spawning in the summer or birds singing at dawn. Just habit. Put out some cheap stuff, bread, spread and marmite , fishpaste , jam etc - perhaps a choice ? and it will probably be devoured by hungry or drunk people in exactly the same manner - greatfully received. I dont think you are witnessing anything new - even the war rationing books talk of bread and spread or bread and dripping being left out and eaten at will, it is just that everyone knew what it was and they werent paying Greggs or Mr T for creating it for them at 6 times the price. Men will eat whatever is left be whether steak slice or toast. Just remove the expensive stuff from your fridge (and budget) and the status quo will be resumed.

ps If they really are demolishing the food supply -you may have to resort to 17p bread , marg and bloater paste. The ironic thing being they will be just as happy.:rolleyes:
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    for egg fried rice i make oil hot in a pan already cooled down rice beat an egg add to pan then chuck in pan is this correct will be trying it in a min[/quoteToo late for your dinner, but when I make egg fried rice I cook the egg in a frying pan. Beat it first then just keep stirring it so it is like broken omlette. Then I fry some veg onion etc then add the rice and just at the end add the cooked egg for a couple of mins. That way the egg stays in little pieces and doens't get lost in the rice if you see what I mean. Hope that helps.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    [ If you have lots of small ovenable dishes I suppose you could cook them all as individual portions like you get served in a pub. I don't own that many little dishes![/quote]

I, over the years have bought for pennies small dishes ,i.e. pyrex or brown earthenware ones from boot sales. If you can scrabble around you can get quite a few for around 10p each and they are an investment as they are re-useable over and over again. I make 6 small cottage pies for each of my daughters to put in their freezers when I see our local butcher's has an offer on mince.My grandkids call them 'Nannypies'
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The last couple of years Asda did a cheese board set at christmas with a selection of cheeses. The first year they came in a large (4 portion) red le creuset dish (£10) and the following year they did small dishes (single portion or 2 kids £5). I have 2 small dishes and a large one. Only bought the first for a gift for my Mum who we were then unable to see due to severe weather warnings. Anyway I'm rambling but I love my dishes!
    Don't forget that if you have dishes like this you can cook cakes in it too. I have very few metal tins or trays as I use these for all cooking from roasts to cakes.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • faye1978
    faye1978 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    I think RichyG has a very good point - most men will eat what's left laying around. My OH would think nothing of devouring 2 200g bars of chocolate - so I stopped buying them and now he CAN't devour them. Maybe some bread and choc spread or something so they still get the feeling they're eating junk....or I have just found a recipe for Hobnobs - I am sure they will love those and they won't cost the earth to make. If you want the recipe let me know - I'll post it for you. :beer:
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    already make the hobnobs and last no longer than a few hours lmao
    thats their treat once a week as well as once a fortnight home made steak pies and cornbeef pies and egg and bacon pies which keeps them going all over the weekend i just leave on the breakfast bar for them to eat...
    will be going shopping again tonight so going to be buying stuff to make for on the bench food for the lads to grab thanks for all your replies and hopefully we will have better week this week and i hope i dont spend £80 again as its something i really carnt be affording to do xxx
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • skintmummy
    skintmummy Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Stupid question of the day, how do you make pancakes ?

Thanks. :D
    Skint Mummy
  • skintmummy
    skintmummy Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Oops please ignore posted in the wrong place. :rotfl:
    Skint Mummy
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moo2moo noticed you mention the deli wraps, tortilla wraps are VERY easy to make, really cheap aswell. They freeze really well also http://www.texascooking.com/features/sept98flourtortillas.htm

skintmummy I know your questions been answered elsewhere but Google is great for recipes, just type in 'recipe pancakes' etc and you will get loads
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport