PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

whats the cheapest youve did it for inspire me!

Options

Comments

• in-it-to-win-it_4
    Options
    Make a big lasagne, leave it in the fridge for a day, it needs this to firm up so it can be sliced without going into mush, then slice and pack in containers. I use the ones we've saved from takeaways, but you can use what you have, no need to rush out and buy anything special unless you haven't got any tubs at all. When you need it just grab it from the freezer and tip onto a plate to defrost before whacking n the oven or micro to reheat.

Easy peasy :)

I've been reading this thead with interest. What a great idea about the leaving the lasagne in the fridge for the day. I've always ended up with slop in boxes or bags I as bag it when it's cooled down.

I'm assuming I should do this with shep/cottage pie too?
    Keeper of 2 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats & thankful that you can only have 1 husband at a time.
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    dont see why you couldnt in it to win it we dont eat lasagne or i would have loved that tip also
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »

If your DD likes sphagetti you may well find she likes noodles. Give her a teeny bit of everything to try on a separate plate. You may be surprised! My 2 love egg fried rice and stir fry as long as I'm seen washing the sauce off their portions. They do like sweet and sour sauce as a dip though.

she does love noodles but they dont keep her full for long and she loves egg fried rice from chinese but me making it is another matter lol kaysha my dd wont eat sweet and sour and the likes hehe

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found the only way to stop my lot eating crisps and biscuits was simply not to buy them. The kids accepted this quite happily and now help themselves from the fruit bowl. This has led to arguements at the dentist. Apparently they shouldn't be eating fruit between meals as this is v.bad for them, leading to tooth erosion. My youngests is worst as she eats 3 apples a day and the odd orange or 3 and grapes and mango and bananas.

The OH has finally realised that whilst he doesn't like having a mug of coffee without 4 biscuits to dunk in it he no longer has to unbutton his trousers to drive his car. Nothing to do with the biscuits mind you, that would be me shrinking his clothes in the wash.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moo2moo wrote: »

The OH has finally realised that whilst he doesn't like having a mug of coffee without 4 biscuits to dunk in it he no longer has to unbutton his trousers to drive his car. Nothing to do with the biscuits mind you, that would be me shrinking his clothes in the wash.

:rotfl:LOL!!! that sounds familiar!! :rotfl:
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    thats wot i said i wasnt buying crisps for as if there not in they carnt eat em and i just buy my daughter some crisps at the shop and me whahahahahah hehe im naughty

• moo2moo
    Options
    How about a Barm Brack as an evening snack for your lot? A cross between fruity bread and cake. Very filling and delicious spread with butter. You can reduce the amount of sugar or split 50/50 with "I can't believe its not an overpriced sugar replacement made from sugar but which isn't actually called sugar" and keep it sweet with extra honey.

12 fl. oz cold tea (dregs from the tea pot) free!
    7oz soft brown sugar (but ordinary sugar works just as well) 35p
    12 oz mixed dried fruit (buy the value stuff and wash v. well) 35p
    10 oz self raising flour 10p
    1 spoon honey (or 1 egg if you haven't got honey) 10p

Put tea, sugar and dried fruit in a bowl, cover and leave to soak over night.

Add flour and mix. Add honey / egg. Mix until smooth. Place in greased 8" round tin or 2lb loaf tin and bake at 350C (gas 4) for 1hr 45 mins. Keeps for ages in a tin so I tend to make 6 at once as thats all I can fit in the oven. Actually thats a lie. When I say "I" I mean I supervise whilst the demonic daughters trash the kitchen.
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    ohh sounds v nice thanks for that will try next week when ive got ingredients ill buy em in anymore snack things you guys know what i can put on the bench or in fridge to keep snacking to a minimum x

• moo2moo
    Options
    Had poached egg on toast for breakfast reducing the egg population of the fridge to slightly less than 50, the chucks have gone into overdrive.

I'm cheating for dinner tonight. The offspring had BirdsEye fish in batter (BOGOF at Sainsburys) 90p as a treat with yet more pasta 50p, broccoli 25p and grated cheese 20p. With fresh mango (leftover from my dinner) and orange jelly (31p) for desert.

I'm having Jamaican Jerk Chicken with mango and tons of veg in deli wraps. £1.30 for the chicken. Deli wraps 70p, mango 50p (reduced at sainsburys) and lots and lots of veg £1. There will be enough left for lunch tomorrow and 2 portions for the freezer (1 if I'm a pig!).

Must do something with eggs tomorrow, perhaps egg custard and a quiche. Any more inspired suggestions? I've swapped 2 dozen for an estate load of logs for next winter but the kids have already collected 18 today. Can't wait till I can get them back to school so I can offload some in the staffroom.
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    eggy bread scrambled egg make lots of cakes and quiches etc

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure