Disability and getting a free car from the state

Options
1235»

Comments

• Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    tom_up wrote: »
    how is it fair that i work full time 45 hours per week, ive got two kids and i cant afford a new car or even a half decent one, my wages barley cover the bills. It annoys me when someone with a chuffing limp gets a car for free!!

You can have my car in trade of my health. "Chuffing limp" indeed. DLA is not an out of work benefit.
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • smileytiger
    smileytiger Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    how is it fair that i work full time 45 hours per week, ive got two kids and i cant afford a new car or even a half decent one, my wages barley cover the bills. It annoys me when someone with a chuffing limp gets a car for free!!

There are many people who scam the benefits system - not only disabled people. My OH has lost his ESA benefits in the latest rule change - but he is still entitled to his DLA - so we have a car. Yes it's nice - but i would give it back in a heartbeat if someone could mend his spine - money cannot buy that unfortunately. Oh and I work full time & i'm having to sell my house because we can no longer afford it - so yes we have a nice car - but i've got a very ill hubby and i'm losing my home - so don't tar all people with motability cars with the same brush pls.
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    How is it fair that my husband has had a leg amputated and is about to lose his other leg? :mad: I'll tell you what, you go and get both of your legs cut off and you'll get a "free" car too, problem solved. :T
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • clemmatis
    clemmatis Posts: 3,168 Forumite
    Options
    That was my thought but I find it hard to tell nowadays. There's another newbie on the board who I was suspecting was AndyandFlo but I could be wrong!

I wondered (suspected) too -- there are probably several of him.
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    That was my thought but I find it hard to tell nowadays. There's another newbie on the board who I was suspecting was AndyandFlo but I could be wrong!

I think there is two of them in this thread - two of the same person, that is. The new registration appears right after it being mentioned ;)
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • brod_2
    brod_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2012 at 2:11AM
    Options
    TOM..., hope you or your children never get a chuffing limp..., oh wait..., you probably would for your 'free' car.

What a horrible individual..., many people on DLA work and the mobility eliment helps them continue a normal life as possible.

I can assure you people who have disabilities/illnesses would rather not have a 'free' car.., but their health.
  • olly184
    olly184 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Well perhaps tom up you should be thankful your children are well. My son like many other disabled children and adults pays a heavy price in blood , vomit, pain and suffering. Would you wish that on your children for what you and others would call "free"?
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I tell you what Tom, you take all these people's mobility cars, but also take their disabilities with it.

Chuffing limp? You have no bloody idea the amount of pain and suffering those who are entitled to mobility cars go through, you little troll.
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    tom_up's post has been removed.

He is no longer on the member's list so presumably they've closed his account too.

He was clearly just trolling, posting offensive things designed to get everybody het up (which seems to have suceeded).

My Dad used to have a Motability car, he was on DLA for many years after heart surgery until he died.

I'm (currently) able bodied and wouldn't swop with anyone who gets a so-called 'free car'.

This thread just shows how some people have no idea about disability.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure