We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

My debt-free diary

Options

Comments

• laura2481
    Options
    Feeling more positive today. Have had a look at tradeyourstuff and found can sell 3 games for £25 which, with the money for what I've sold on Ebay, will let me transfer £50 out of paypal without being charged, so that is almost half of overdraft! :T In fact with with the PaD change i've been saving that will be over £60. Good start for first month! Also found a £1 in my gym bag, so £12 left 'til end of week. Need to post gym card back to council seeing as I have cancelled Direct debit. Don't want 'em getting angsty.
  • laura2481
    Options
    Just remembered I got a letter from Inland Revenue saying I may have paid too much tax, I should fill that out and see if they want to send me any money!! (as long as they don't ask for any money!)
  • laura2481
    Options
    Just spent an hour or so applying for freebies :T

Free stuff is fun! :j
  • laura2481
    Options
    Total spent on grocery shopping this month: £104.04 :T
  • laura2481
    Options
    Went to little shop close to work today- saw a special offer for curly wurly's 8 for £1. Bargain, me thinks! That'll keep me in chocolate 'til tomorrow at least! They should be 20p each so it's like 'buy 5 get 3 free'. (Doesn't roll off the toungue like BOGOF!)

As I am stood there considering my chocolate purchase up sidles a lady to ask can I spare 2 minutes for a quick survey to get a free bar of chocolate? Errr, hello? Free chocolate? I think I can stretch to that! :EasterBun

So, well chuffed. Bargian choc and free Mars bar! Result.
  • laura2481
    Options
    Sooooo tired. BF ill, no sleep last night. Thinking of sleeping downstairs on the sofa to get some shut eye. Not particularly DFW related, just an idea of what kind of mood I'm in. That is, not a good one. :(
  • laura2481
    Options
    BF still ill, was going to have a store cupboard tea but may have to go get something he is able to eat (perhaps a curry is not the best idea) At least we have money still for food in the joint account, and payday is tomorrow! Have been planning where all my money has to go to on pay day. I may be up to £110 to pay off of my overdraft, making it nearly done. I may even stretch to the extra £10 to sort it out. Just need some money from Ebay and tradeyourstuff.co.uk to come through, and the £35 Argos owe me!!
  • laura2481
    Options
    pay day tomorrow! It's quite nice to have a plan and know what I am going to do with my money, and not just splurge for a week then worry for the rest of the month! I have a budget and I WILL stick to it! Even going to pay some into savings account to start building up money for mortgage.

Small steps forwards are better than any more steps backwards!
  • reading this is inspiring - good luck with everything!
  • TDQO
    Options
    Keep going hun, you're doing really well and using this place like a real diary which is the idea! It'll get easier don't worry...
    The size of a glory hole in an open pit should not be greater than the cross-section of the haul trucks that dump into it. Otherwise, you are bound to lose a truck, sooner or later. Source: Sergio Cha

I'm sorry for the demon I've become but you should be sorry for the angel you are not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport