We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Osps

Options
2»

Comments

• Felixradge
    Felixradge Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Please see my post about the samsung d500 on orange. These guys seem very dodgy indeed. You have been warned!
  • sya220
    sya220 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Felixradge wrote:
    Please see my post about the samsung d500 on orange. These guys seem very dodgy indeed. You have been warned!
    I wish I had read all the warning about osps. My experience with them has been one nightmare after another. After being sold a package different from the original order, I returned the phone by recorded delivery (as special delivery was expensive especially it was not my fault to have to return the goods). I kept calling to check its safe arrival, after 5 days I was told they had received it and the deal had been cancelled, so to my relief I threw away all the paper work including the PO receipt.
    Then I realised the Direct Debit was unauthorised- they used my bank account instead of visa card as instructed during the order. When I phoned them again, they said the phone had actually never been returned! That staff had made a mistake. Now I have no reference proof to trace the item from Royal Mail, I have no choice but have to pay up for the 12 months contract!
    I have never seen such dishonest and incompetent trader. Can anybody advise me is there any consumer's right here for me to claim? I have sent a letter to their manager, but I doubt he will reply me.
  • cheghead
    cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Don't just give up!

Contact the Royal mail and say you have lost yout rec del slip first. Keep on to OSPS and also contact the mobile phone operator and let them know what has happened. Contact Trading Standards as this comes under a distance selling contract.

Oh and remember to keep everything for at least a year when it comes to One Stop Con Shop!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family