Osps

Options
monki_man
monki_man Posts: 368 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi guys,

I took out one of OSPS special offer via the net, the offer was get 9mths free line rent on a voda 200 tariff. and its a 12mth contact sounds good huh?
Anyways i called up OSPS today and they told me the reason why i havent recieved my phone is because they haven't got any in stock.

Question is, why are they still advertising it or how comes i didnt get an email to tell me? Anyone been in this situation before and have they given you anything back like gave you a bunch of vouchers to keep you sweet?
[size=-5]Olympic 2007 challenge Started 9 Jan 2007[strike]Aim Silver 2007.00[/strike] Aim Gold 3007.00 Achieved so far:782
[/size]
[size=-5]Feb 2007 Grocery Challenge

28th-03rdFeb £17.75
04th-10thFeb £13.31
11th-17thfeb £18.54
18th-24thfeb £17.19
25th-3rdmar £3.70
[/size]

Comments

• pennymakespounds
    Options
    if it was with the nokia1100 or sony k750i over the weekend ... their sit did have a disclaimer " there are only 150 of these available" ......

don't see with that or even normal circumstances that they will give any compensation ... simply "sold out"
  • colliecrew
    colliecrew Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Have had similar ongoing issues with osps.
    Firstly happened with the E630 on Orange network. Tired of being fobbed off - I spoke to a manager who told me they wouldn't actually be getting this phone in stock again. Phone was removed from website.
    Then ordered Siemens SL65 as a replacement. One week on - no phone. Called again today. Very nice operator told me that it was the same story with the SL65 - not in stock and wont be coming back into stock!
    Interestingly - the E630 has been put BACK on the site and when I queried this today - operator told me that the E630 is NOT back in stock and she has no idea why its been advertised again.
    After all this - she offered me a great deal on the Samsung D500. 7 months line rental free on the Your Plan 200 with option to change tariff after 6 months. Works out at £112 over the course of one year for a better phone.
    2011 Wins - Dave Gorman Tickets :j Sony Bravia TV :beer:
  • --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I ordered a V3 two weeks ago. The phone line is constantly engaged.

They gave me three delivery dates, never turned up and are now saying they have no stock and it will be a further 7-10 days
  • hurdy
    hurdy Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I ordered the 750i on Sunday morning on vodafone at 1030hrs and told it was in stock. I rang yesterday and was told it was out of stock and they didn't know when mine would be despatched.

So I rang back this morning, posing as a new customer and was told they had it in stock. When I asked when mine would therefore be despatched they went all flustered and said they didn't know when they were getting any in.

I then spoke to the original salesman who gave me a load of baloney about the text features not working on the ones they had in on Sunday so they are waitng for a fully functional phone before despatching it. I have been promised that they will be in tomorrow and with me on Friday.

I then phoned back and spoke to a different operator and posing as a new customer again asked if they had any in stock for immediate despatch as I was organising a charity event.This time they said they didn't have any in stock on vodafone.

Not sure whether to trust this company or not. I'll probably give them a couple of days and then cancel if I haven't received anything.
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Becarefull about cancelling, a few years ago i ordered the 3650 from them and waited so i cancelled the order as i had changed my mind called them up and confirmed that i had cancelled and 2 days later the phone turned up:confused:
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hurdy wrote:
    Not sure whether to trust this company or not.
    You still are not sure?:confused: Don't believe anything they say. They are liars,... but have good deals.
    I had exactly the same experience in January. The order was delayed many times, while they were taking orders on the same phone and the same tariff. Then the order had been altered with my concent - tariff then headset.
    Be prepared: finaly I was sent absolutely different headset that I sent back out of my own pocket.
    However, all my family have now free new mobiles with free 100/200 minutes p.m. for a year (I hope so :rolleyes: ). If finaly you get a phone from them always use at least recorded mail to send cashback claims.
  • macima
    macima Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also ordered the Voda K750i AT200 @ 9months free on Sunday night. My order is showing a "awaiting checking", more worryingly the "free gift" of nine months (the offer on the website is now 6 months 1/2 price) isn't mentioned on my order under "My Account". Regarding the limited to 150 customers, I saw that on the e2save site, but not OSPS. I've also noticed that the layout of their site has been fluctuating over the last few days, maybe they're rolling some new code that's causing old phone/offers to "pop-up". Personally I'm happy to wait, so long as I get th 9 month deal, I'll have to call them today.

Mark Mac
  • hurdy
    hurdy Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    I was told the offers change in relation to how close they are to hitting their sales target - hence the nine months free offer only being available on the last day of the month.
  • ramit
    ramit Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Be VERY VERY careful when ordering wth osps. They really are the worst online mobile retailer I have ever come across. There are several threads on MSE and other formums detailing a huge list of problems.

Remember, the offer you will actually get is the one which is on the website when the phone is dispatched to you. What often happens to osps is they will take orders for phones at 12 months free, and not dispatch it (the customer services will fobb you off with claims of it's being processed/problems with credit check and out of stock)

A week later they will change the offer to say 6 months free, and dispatch the phone. The first you will know about it is when you get the phone and you see the information about the free time.

When you complain about this, ostp will simply say that they told you that they reserve the right to change the offer at anytime.

You are then stuck with the phone and the revised offer, or you have to pay to send it back.

I didn't listen to all the negative comments others posted about osps before I ordered. I so wish I had done so now, as it would have saved me a lot of stress.

Their customer services is truely appauling. They will either tell you what you want to hear or a lie, to simply get you off the phone.
  • cheghead
    cheghead Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    ramit wrote:
    Be VERY VERY careful when ordering wth osps. They really are the worst online mobile retailer I have ever come across. There are several threads on MSE and other formums detailing a huge list of problems.

Remember, the offer you will actually get is the one which is on the website when the phone is dispatched to you. What often happens to osps is they will take orders for phones at 12 months free, and not dispatch it (the customer services will fobb you off with claims of it's being processed/problems with credit check and out of stock)

A week later they will change the offer to say 6 months free, and dispatch the phone. The first you will know about it is when you get the phone and you see the information about the free time.

When you complain about this, ostp will simply say that they told you that they reserve the right to change the offer at anytime.

You are then stuck with the phone and the revised offer, or you have to pay to send it back.

I didn't listen to all the negative comments others posted about osps before I ordered. I so wish I had done so now, as it would have saved me a lot of stress.

Their customer services is truely appauling. They will either tell you what you want to hear or a lie, to simply get you off the phone.

Yeah and a new round of cashback claims are just around the corner. Better all get in training :O)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure