»

The great 'Unsigned / up and coming bands free music' Hunt

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

The great 'Unsigned / up and coming bands free music' Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
235 replies 37K views
MSE_MartinMSE_Martin Money Saving ExpertMoneySaving Expert
8.3K posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
What's it about?

As many will know I'm not into music (I've never bought a music CD in my life). Yet I know for many un-signed and up-and-coming musicians it can be a struggle to get heard and for many an important way of getting the word out there is to showcase it on their websites. This means there's a huge, often un-tapped source of free music available online for music lovers to listen to, yet finding it is the key.

What to do

I thought I'd tap MoneySavers' knowledge to find the free new music available out there. If you know someone whose style you like, whether it's pop, rock, jazz or classical then let others know about them here.

Please try to use the following format:
  • Band/Artist's Name:
  • Music Style:
  • What style of music/who is it similar to?:
The MSE Factor

We'd also like to institute our own rating system. If you like a particular artist's music then please thank the poster; to give others an idea of how popular they are.

PS, a note to forum regulars. While normally we'd ask people not to post their own websites, in this instance if you or a friend has some tracks you think are worth listening to then that's fine.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Replies