PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cooking Fish?

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2014 at 7:39AM
    Options
    Thanks so much for more ideas. I made some fish cakes earlier and they are in the fridge. I just kept tasting the mixture and adding to it til it had a bit of flavour. I put lime zest and some lime juice, wee bit of cumin, salt and pepper and some HM chilli paste stuff from my sil.
    Might just give the curry a try and pretend it is chicken as the bit I tried earlier had zero flavour anyway! Certainly didn't taste fishy!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    I second curry. I really like making pathia sauce or even vindaloo (only put the chillies you can cope with in it - the main flavours are garlic and vinegar) - once you have a sauce, you can chuck anything in it and the flaky defrosted fish works nicely.

Reheating it the next day even makes it tastier as curry always works better the next day.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've merged this with our main fish thread. This thread may also help

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income