🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ideas for card craft beginner

Options

Comments

• polly1976
    polly1976 Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic cards craftygranny love them well done :j :j xxxx
  • polly1976
    polly1976 Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all thanks everyone for taking part in the xmas card challenge every single card is Fantastic so well done everyone :j :j :j :j :j :j :jThis weeks Challenge is make a card using outline stickers /peeloffs hope that is ok?
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    Well there are some amazing cards on here! It fills me with so much inspiration!
    My best friend is getting married next month and I'm hoping I can pull off a homemade card! I'll post some pics when I'm done!
    Pinklipgloss I cannot believe they were your first attempt, I'm be chuffed to bits If I recieved one of your cards!
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Fab cards everyone!!! So many to mention - toni, maggiebob, mary, polly, craftygranny and extra special mention to pinklipgloss for the first attempts, blooming great first attempts :D

Well done everyone!!!

Forgot to add, craftygranny - did you make those boxes in your 2nd pic? They are fab!
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    What beautiful cards.............pinklipgloss -brilliant !! Can't believe thats a first attempt !:T
    craftygranny - superb..............love them all.........how on earth did you do the cake ?

Peel offs next week is fine polly - love using them...........love your card
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Mary - lovely card, I love the brown bow!
    Pinklipgloss - great cards, my favourite is the handbag one - so cute. Fantastic first attempt.
    Polly - really pretty xmas card, it looks very professional.
    craftygranny - wow! The wedding cake is fantastic! Did you buy a template for this. I have seen these 3d cards/boxes on ebay but I have never attempted one. I am not very good at making boxes!! You could charge a fortune for that! I wanted to have a go at the boxes with the cot or baby shoe in. I think giving the wedding cake as a "card" is fab - its a real keepsake, something that the "happy couple" will cherish for a long time.
  • craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind comments i don't usually show them to anyone but my o/h persuaded me . The cake was a template download i bought from e bay ages ago. It has templates for 4 different cakes . If you want to pm your e mail addy i'l try sending you a copy and anyone else who wants one too.

Maggie bob have you seen the rocker blocks you stick your stamp on and you get a perfect image every time. They are fab a little expensive maybe at 14.99 but if they work then worth it i think. My friend has even taken the wooden backs off all her stamps to use them with them as she smudged quite a few.

Melissa i cheated too and got some pre stamped magnolia's from e bay to see how i got on with them . They were really fab .Not used them all yet .

now i finally got brave i may see about doing one for this week. Peels off's now where do i start on that. lol.

Some really fab cards this week and nice to see so many. Pinkgloss , toni , polly, maggie bob , mary, rainmac great cards sorry if i missed anyone out.

trisha x
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Options
    Maggie bob if you don't get on with stamping but want some pretty images try these http://www.coloring-book.info/coloring/coloring_page.php?id=94 you just save to your computer then you can print out when you like colour them in and use them . They are the sarah kay ones i used in my last 2 card pics.

or here you click on the character you like and lots of images of that character come up to choose from. http://www.coloring-book.info/coloring/ they are colouring book pages but i save them to my computer and print them out small enough to use on cards .
    There is even a disney site for them http://i-love-disney.com/ just click on the character you want from the character list on the right .

Hope someone can make use of these

love trisha x
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    originally posted by melissa
    Mary - lovely card, I love the brown bow

Its not a brown one, but a very dark burgandy colour.....just the way it shows up on computer. Have done some brown christmas cards though..........lol and yesterday did some blue ones !..............:p

Thanks for those links craftygranny -I might find something there to suit baby grandson
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    I have my camera back now and its on charge so hopefully I will beable to post mine this afternoon or tonight if I am not too late for the challenge
    Brillaint cards everyone...there are some very talented people here and you all put mine to shame...off to try harder ...lol
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family