Using Sky Plus Box without subscribing?

Options

Comments

• spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also have an old blue sky card that continues to record/play despite these cards being replaced by the white cards.

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • PAZZER9
    Options
    flight747 wrote: »
    PM me for the code, I will not post here cos sky might see this and will take action to get the code stop working. It suppose to be secret!

Sorry to bother you, I see people have been un-indating with messages, about this code.
    I'm also trying to sort something out for my parents. They are using the white sky box also. I was wondering if you would be able to help me out, of course I wouldn't broadcast the code, as I wouldn't want it to be made dis functional!

Your help would be really appreciated. Regards Justin.

pazzer9@hotmail.com
  • spannerzone
    edited 31 August 2011 at 9:28PM
    Options
    PAZZER9 wrote: »
    Sorry to bother you, I see people have been un-indating with messages, about this code.
    I'm also trying to sort something out for my parents. They are using the white sky box also. I was wondering if you would be able to help me out, of course I wouldn't broadcast the code, as I wouldn't want it to be made dis functional!

Your help would be really appreciated. Regards Justin.

[EMAIL="pazzer9@hotmail.com"]xxxxxx@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

Firstly no such code exists and Flight747 refuses to allow PM's and sends any out... the reason is obvious but many people don't want to believe it..... THERE IS NO FREE UNLOCK CODE FOR SKY+ boxes

Secondly REMOVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS right now (you can edit it out of your post) otherwise you'll get spam spam spam spam and more spam from those friendly little bots that scour internet forums looking for poor souls that put up their email address.....

Thirdly- welcome to the forums :D

• Northsea_medic
    Options
    S0litaire wrote: »
    The only way ot get "free" Recording on a Sky+ box is to turn it off and unplug it from the power and satellite cables before you call in to cancel your subscription and leave the box off for 3 months! (They keep sending out the "kill" signal for your account for around 3 months) after that, as long as you don't plug it into the phone lines, you'll have Basic Sky FreeView (No Ch5 channels) + Recording, ^_^

It worked for me!! ^__^

Hi, I have just cancelled my subscription and it switches off on the 9th September, I have had the sky+ (HD) box disconected from the phone line for a few weeks now.
    Can anyone tell me how the 'kill' signal is sent to the card - is it through the phone line or via the satalite signal - or both?

I'm hoping to be able to watch the recordings that I already have and if I could use it to record free to air that would be a bonus...

Cheers

Northsea Medic
  • Shoog
    Shoog Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how the 'kill' signal is sent to the card - is it through the phone line or via the satalite signal - or both?

I'm hoping to be able to watch the recordings that I already have and if I could use it to record free to air that would be a bonus...

Signal comes via satellite. Missing the kill signal used to work for the blue cards but I've read suggestions that it won't work with the white cards. Worth a try though! I'd give it a couple of months at least. Let us know how you get on.

Hey, if you still have an old blue card, try that in the mean time. It won't get Channel Five but mine works for Sky+.
  • spannerzone
    Options
    It's possible Sky have implemented some sort of 'stay alive' command in the white cards so that they only keep working if they receive these commands unlike the blue cards that seem to carry on working for years after the cancellation of services, providing they missed the initial 'kill' commands that would have been sent out for a few months after cancellation.

It's only a guess but seems possible.

• lgreco
    Options
    Hi Flight,

Trying to work out how to PM you! not to clever for a IT Tech person : ), dont suppose you could enlighten me with this magic code?

Thanks in advance.

Lou
  • spannerzone
    edited 6 September 2011 at 8:33PM
    Options
    lgreco wrote: »
    Hi Flight,

Trying to work out how to PM you! not to clever for a IT Tech person : ), dont suppose you could enlighten me with this magic code?

Thanks in advance.

Lou

Sorry to disapoint but as has been mentioned several times, flight747 cannot be PM'd and the reason why he won't accept private messages is

there is no free code to make your Sky+ record or play without a subscription.

I know it's not what people want to hear but it's a fact

and for those with short memory

there is no free code to make your Sky+ record or play without a subscription.

• calise
    calise Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    It's possible Sky have implemented some sort of 'stay alive' command in the white cards so that they only keep working if they receive these commands unlike the blue cards that seem to carry on working for years after the cancellation of services, providing they missed the initial 'kill' commands that would have been sent out for a few months after cancellation.

It's only a guess but seems possible.

I cancelled my Sky subscription last week as we're moving house but I haven't removed the card yet. My sky turns off at the end of the month. I also have a white card, not a blue one, does that mean I've blown it for not receiving the kill signal and keeping the recording facility or is there still time to remove the card?
  • spannerzone
    edited 7 October 2011 at 6:53PM
    Options
    I'm not sure about the white cards, it seems Sky may have changed things slightly in that they require a 'keep alive' signal every so often or they stop working whereas the old blue cards did not.

I'd say it's worth a try, remove the card before the cancellation date kicks in and then don't use the card for several months.... it'll either work when next used (in 3 months time) or it'll have died due to lack of the 'keep alive' signal that is believed to now be used.

basically the longer you keep the card out of the Sky box the better, 3 months was usually enough but like I say, it has changed with the white cards it seems.

As for anyone thinking they'll be getting a free code from flight747, don't get your hopes up as they're non existant as anyone who has tried to PM him has discovered.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport