Using Sky Plus Box without subscribing?

Options

Comments

• emmajayne_3
    Options
    flight747 please can you PM the code. I've got the old white box, had it for 5 years. Just cancelled my subscription cos I was fed up of being charged £30 a month for the multi-room!
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    emmajayne wrote: »
    flight747 please can you PM the code. I've got the old white box, had it for 5 years. Just cancelled my subscription cos I was fed up of being charged £30 a month for the multi-room!

Hi, sorry I won't be giving out code not for multiroom (3 boxes £10.25 per months) if you are paying £30.75 per month)

It only work on a single white box only (no multiroom) sorry
  • Shoog
    Shoog Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    flight747 wrote: »
    It only work on a single white box only (no multiroom) sorry

I have a single white box and no multi-room. Can you send me the code?
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2011 at 1:23PM
    Options
    there is no code!

Flight747 cannot be PM'd and does not give out a code to anyone asking because no such code exists as he well knows.

The only ways to make a Sky+ or SkyHD box contiune to record after cancelling a subscription is to cancel the sub, remove the card for several months and then, maybe, the card might continue to record/play the free to air channels. This method relies on removal of the card before you cancel you subscription so that it doesn't get the 'kill' signal from Sky that deactivates the card features. Removing the card for several months has been known to work for some people.

It is also possible to hack the hardware of one version of the Sky+ box (google 'jjtagging pace 3100') but this is not a code to enter but physically hacking the hardware by electronics enthusiasts

Sorry, but again, THERE IS NO CODE! - think about it, if there was a simple to enter code that allowed Sky+ and SkyHD boxes to record and play without a subscription then Sky would lose millions of customers, obviously Sky would prevent such a thing from happening and if it really was possible there'd be more than one person on the internet giving out this information...well not that we've had any information given, just some cryptic hints based on nothing, it would spread like wildfire and we'd all be doing it.

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Options
    On an unrelated note, I have some magic beans for sale, pm me for full information.

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, but again, THERE IS NO CODE! - think about it, if there was a simple to enter code that allowed Sky+ and SkyHD boxes to record and play without a subscription then Sky would lose millions of customers, obviously Sky would prevent such a thing from happening and if it really was possible there'd be more than one person on the internet giving out this information...well not that we've had any information given, just some cryptic hints based on nothing, it would spread like wildfire and we'd all be doing it.

Indeed - and why would someone invite people to PM them, yet deliberately turn off PM's for their account (it's turned on by default)?

At best it's attention seeking, or at worst an attempt to get people to give away personal information which can then be used for spamming or fraud.
  • Shoog
    Options
    Well that's torn it :cool:

I know fine well there's no code. I was just stringing him along to see how long he would try to keep the charade going - what other pearls of wisdom he would offer.

For anyone looking for answers - as spannerzone says you can solder some wires on a Pace 3100 and re-flash it via JTAG with custom firmware.

Or if you still have an old blue sky card, it might still have Sky+ enabled on it.
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The only way ot get "free" Recording on a Sky+ box is to turn it off and unplug it from the power and satellite cables before you call in to cancel your subscription and leave the box off for 3 months! (They keep sending out the "kill" signal for your account for around 3 months) after that, as long as you don't plug it into the phone lines, you'll have Basic Sky FreeView (No Ch5 channels) + Recording, ^_^

It worked for me!! ^__^
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • Shoog
    Options
    S0litaire wrote: »
    It worked for me!! ^__^

Out of interest, was that with a white sky card or the old blue one?
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    it was an old blue one...

Shows you the last time I paid for sky... Lol ^__^
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure