Dissertation motivation!

Options

Comments

• sali_mali
    sali_mali Posts: 1,967 Forumite
    Options
    Nice one ames, hope it helps you.

I started late today so am now stuck writing on a Friday night. Boo! Really struggling with my methodology too :mad:
    Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself. Oscar Wilde
  • sali_mali
    Options
    Absolutely. I seldom do anything in life before the "I can just about get it done if I start now and don't sleep for two days" deadline. :o

Haha luckily your user name warns me not to follow your example :p
    Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself. Oscar Wilde
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hows the writers block hun?
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • aurora_borealis_2
    Options
    hows the writers block hun?

She's currently putting her lit search strategy into a table format :)
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • pavlovs_dog
    Options
    is that as riveting as it sounds? :D

ive not done much (of a productive nature) today :o pootled off to whitchurch on a recon mission to find out where my teaching placement is, mosied around asda coryton, came home and watched whose line is it anyway reruns on dave whilst eating hot dogs, and renewed our breakdown cover for less than half of our renewal quote. time to pull me finger out me thinks..
    know thyself
  • sali_mali
    Options
    Well that is a productive day, just nothing to do with uni work!

Writer's block is getting better, I'm halfway into the word count now with over a week to go, so I'm getting there. I'm going to see a librarian on Monday to see if they can help with my methodology (after all, who knows literature searching better than them?) and if that doesn't work, I'll visit my supervisor again, see if he an help.

Speaking of supervisors, Mum I've sent you a copy of what I've done so far, so if you could be so kind as to read it through for me..? :D
  • aurora_borealis_2
    Options
    Gotcha xxx
  • aurora_borealis_2
    Options
    To my work email?
    I'll look tomorrow - if I look now, I'll get sucked in and trapped - I haven't been able to check them all day!!
  • pavlovs_dog
    Options
    ive just paid for and submitted my PGCE application, so thats another thing off the to do list. im thinking that i might have a bath and then climb into bed with some of the books i brought home from the library.

although it makes me look like a little old lady, i brought a lap tray, because when im at home i rarely feel like working at my desk. with my lap tray/desk i can curl up under the duvet and still get stuff done :D
    know thyself
  • aurora_borealis_2
    Options
    tell me you're not wearing bed socks too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport