Pixmania/Dixons/Currys

Comments

• hitenk108
    hitenk108 Posts: 19 Forumite
    HI I bought a LCD from Pixmania it had a scratch so I wanted a refund. They collected it and 4 Weeks later it was back at my doorstep with a note item has been repaired. Guess what it still had the scratch...took 4 months to get my money back minus the delivery charge. I didn't want to persue any longer.... Bad bad service
    Comps 2008
    Cleaning set £30 - BuzZ Game on PS2 £25 - Nivea Mens Set £25 -
  • lisap4123
    lisap4123 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Just to add my voice to the 'PIXMANIA ARE RUBBISH' call here is what happened to me: bought MP3 player - Neo Jazz. Arrived and the unit was set to french. When I reset it to english it froze up and reset to french. It was a dissapointing MP3 anyway so I sent it back for a refund. Postage ay my expense but was told I would be refunded for the postage and the delivery charge of £7 - which is ridiculous for a product the size of a matchbox. I wrote on a letter with the product that I was returning within 15 days and wanted a refund. I heard nothing. 3 wks later I called them. They said they had received and would be refunding me shortly minus my postage. To get back the delivery fee of £7 I must fax the original invoice to france !! I am not doing that as I dont have a fax machine and dont want to risk calling france on an extorionate number. Then today I received an email saying my item had been dispatched to me, and a parcel followed. They had sent me the original MP3 player back to me again with a sticky despatch envelope all over the box so the box is now ruined, it was also squashed & now looks very tatty. The french paperwork says I didnt include the charger in the box. The blasted MP3 player didnt come with a charger - just a USB cable which doubles as the charger which was included in the box. Pixmania are con merchants who use low prices like candy to tempt you to buy from them. Once they have you, there is no chance of any decency or support. I have given up on them. I am not calling,faxing them or returning the product again as I refuse to spend a single penny more on this co. I will put this one down to experience and consider it due warning to never buy from them again. Please others, learn from my expense rather than your own not to buy anything from Pixmania !!
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My dad was going to buy something from Currys but he'd seen it on Pixmania for cheaper. He asked if Currys would price match and they said no. He ended up getting it a lot cheaper, with delivery, through Pixmania but actually from Currys. Seems daft that they wouldn't match the price if they'd be supplying the thing anyway.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Oh dear - we've ordered a camera from Pixmania and it should be here tomorrow. I'll let you all know what happens!
    :j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
    :heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
    :p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p
  • Too_Bloo
    Too_Bloo Posts: 66
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just bought an mp3 player (creative) from pixmania this is my second purchase from them and haven`t had any problems. In fact I`m very pleased with them, but then again maybe I`ve just been lucky. It seems that everyone will, at sometime or other receive bad service from one company or another. Problems aren`t exclusive to pixmania. However, It`s good to be made aware of any potential problems if your considering a purchase.
  • I have recently purchased a Garmin 255T Sat Nav from Pixmania. All seamingly worked well until I tried to get the traffic information system to work. I couldnt understand why it wouldnt tune into any radio station but after communication with Garmin thet told me that the Unit was made for the French market only as it had Via-Mitchelin as the subscribed traffic organisation and NOT Trafficmaster as would have been in the case for a UK unit.

I am still awaiting for this situation to be resolved by Pixmania. THey say that they will send to me a UK version and refund my postage.

I will keep you all informed as to how this turns out.

Just as a footnote, I wonder why Garmin dont offer the choice of registering for a one off Traffic organisation for the country that one lives in instead of pre loading the unit with the country of origin's system? It surely would only mean getting onto the Garmins website and getting the code which I believe is only applicable for each individual's product serial number.

Regards,
    Martin
  • I wish you luck with Pixmania and post this as a warning to other moneysavers!

Don't just take my word for it- a trawl of consumer review forums (where i've also posted warnings) such as Ciao, Pricerunner etc indicates alot of unhappy UK customers. Cheap yes, but no customer service if things go wrong so pay a few quid more and look elsewhere to save yourself some potential grief. From my research most people seem to have given up if they've got their money back, after venting their frustrations. Fighting back is the only answer, which I continue to do even though my credit card company has refunded me since. I've referred my complaint to the ECC consumer system- the following may help others: http://www.euroconsumer.org.uk/

Click on the resultant map of France after dialogue box. You will then get an address and contact details listed as Germany, but this actually covers both countries.

My problem started with the purchase of a photo on canvas print June 2007, and had no problems with the order/delivery process itself. Upon delivery, I wasn`t happy with the quality of the finished product and was dubious about returning the order, besides the fact that it would cost me a not insignificant postal charge.
    I tried phoning Pixmania ( HQ in Paris, France but I now understand calls are relayed to a call centre in Romania whose staff are at best incompetent and at worst trained to be obstructive!) and soon gave that up as a bad job, so emailed them instead. I did get a fairly prompt initial response asking me to send photos illustrating the problem, but then nothing, despite several chasers!

The curent position is (having been advised by local Trading Standards) that as Pixmania are based in France I needed to pursue my complaint through the EEC consumer system. I am currently awaiting the outcome. I don't know how fast things work but if any of you have had similar problems and were to also pursue your complaints, maybe we can shake Pixmania up a bit.

Another line of attack has been to post a message in French (Google translator is a wonderful tool) on the French version of a price comparison site operating in the UK. I'm seeking to draw attention to the dissatisfaction with Pixmania in the UK and open up a debate, bearing in mind the reviews on the French site are mainly good. Could it be that Pixmania look after their home based customers and damn the Brits if they're unhappy?
  • mdbs
    mdbs Posts: 75 Forumite
    I will never use Pixmania again after ordering a camera for my wifes Christmas present and the delivery man claiming he delivered it when I never saw it,

The signature that they claimed was mine was a scribble.

They asked for proof of signature, fair enough, but claimed to not have recieved it, but I sent it registered so I knew better, To cut a long story short they put every effort into not refunding me.

They did in the end but never again will I use them. Now I know what group they belong to I am not surprised.
  • Hey_Dude
    Hey_Dude Posts: 1,786
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I used Pixmania once.

Never again.

The fact that they are based in France is not transparent on their web site.

I bought a camera - did not realise the manual would be in French - no way I'm going to download and print off 100s of pages.

Their customer service is appaling - kind of "So What?" attitude.

Anyhow returned the item within the deadline - evenutally got a refund and they deducted about £7 - chased them for a full refund but got nowhere.

My advice - steer well clear!

Duder
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I ordered a tumble drier from them 30-09-08. Delivery was promised Thurs 2-10-08 between 14.00 hrs and 18.00 hrs. Hubby was in the garden around 11.00 that morning and saw delivery van through the window - got to front door and they had gone! Waited until after 18.00 incase they decided to redeliver - nothing! Phoned they customer service and was told delivery had been attempted but no reply, no time given..... they are supposed to redeliver tomorrow, but the website says my product has been delivered and there are none in stock! No response to my request by email for confirmation that this delivery will happen, and phoning the customer service number gets and answer, but I am them cut off before getting to speak to anyone.
    Luckily I paid by Paypal, so am starting claim back procedures.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure