Asda Complaint

Options

Comments

• hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We created an order to be delivered Friday 14th Jan between 6pm and 8pm. 8:15pm comes around and still no sign of delivery, so we call up customer service who simply tell us to "wait". Delivery man turns up at 8:30, was plain rude and spent about 15minutes messing about in the van - turned out that all our fresh and frozen food hadn't been packed. So all we had were tins!!! I asked when would we get the rest, and he said "tomorrow", so i said "what time tomorrow" and all he said was "at night".

So I told him that this wasn't acceptable, and he said "well call CS if you aren't happy." So we did just that, spoke to someone who was incredibly rude and said a delivery person who call us when they arrive. Anyway it gets to 4:30pm next day and we haven't heard a thing, we call CS again who said they will get store to call us. The store manager called, and suprisingly, was very nice and understanding and said he would get someone to deliver the rest later. (They hadn't even taken note of what items we were missing). 10pm!! comes around and we get a phone call to say he is outside, we go out and see a guy in his uniform, in his own car, with the rest of the shopping but all in mixed bags - I mean like fresh meat in the same bag as frozen veg (its a 45min drive to asda from where we live) - he simply put all the bags on the pavement, got in his car and drove off!!!

We unpack all the shopping, expiry dates were rubbish, and still lots missing! To wrap this story up, I sent in 3 complaint emails (didn't recieve a response), made another call to CS who put £10 in our online account and said they would refund the items not delivered. Anyway 2 weeks later, the money finally comes out of our account, full amount i might add. So we call up again and ask whats going on, they came up with some lame excuses and say they will credit our account with a £5 voucher and free delivery voucher, and that the other money would be refunded onto our card. 2 hours later i check the account and see only a £5.50 voucher has been applied, no free delivery.

Stupidly we decided to do one final order with them, seen as we have £15.50 credited in the account..its due tomorrow between 7pm and 9pm, so we shall see what happens.

I did create a list on Tesco and sainsburys, but the same items were coming up too expensive so im a little reluctant to ditch asda just yet. Its so annoying
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry to hear of your experiences, it sounds like to me complaints are not really a priority for asda. I sent my complaint to the store manager, I emailed asda HQ and have also sent asda HQ a letter. Fingers cross someone will respond
    hmd1987 wrote: »
    We created an order to be delivered Friday 14th Jan between 6pm and 8pm. 8:15pm comes around and still no sign of delivery, so we call up customer service who simply tell us to "wait". Delivery man turns up at 8:30, was plain rude and spent about 15minutes messing about in the van - turned out that all our fresh and frozen food hadn't been packed. So all we had were tins!!! I asked when would we get the rest, and he said "tomorrow", so i said "what time tomorrow" and all he said was "at night".

So I told him that this wasn't acceptable, and he said "well call CS if you aren't happy." So we did just that, spoke to someone who was incredibly rude and said a delivery person who call us when they arrive. Anyway it gets to 4:30pm next day and we haven't heard a thing, we call CS again who said they will get store to call us. The store manager called, and suprisingly, was very nice and understanding and said he would get someone to deliver the rest later. (They hadn't even taken note of what items we were missing). 10pm!! comes around and we get a phone call to say he is outside, we go out and see a guy in his uniform, in his own car, with the rest of the shopping but all in mixed bags - I mean like fresh meat in the same bag as frozen veg (its a 45min drive to asda from where we live) - he simply put all the bags on the pavement, got in his car and drove off!!!

We unpack all the shopping, expiry dates were rubbish, and still lots missing! To wrap this story up, I sent in 3 complaint emails (didn't recieve a response), made another call to CS who put £10 in our online account and said they would refund the items not delivered. Anyway 2 weeks later, the money finally comes out of our account, full amount i might add. So we call up again and ask whats going on, they came up with some lame excuses and say they will credit our account with a £5 voucher and free delivery voucher, and that the other money would be refunded onto our card. 2 hours later i check the account and see only a £5.50 voucher has been applied, no free delivery.

Stupidly we decided to do one final order with them, seen as we have £15.50 credited in the account..its due tomorrow between 7pm and 9pm, so we shall see what happens.

I did create a list on Tesco and sainsburys, but the same items were coming up too expensive so im a little reluctant to ditch asda just yet. Its so annoying
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    update....

well my shopping came at 6:45pm, so 15mins early!! delivery driver was lovely, and only one item was missing which is okay too :D
  • tysonthedog
    Options
    I wrote and had published what I consider to be The Asda Training Manual for Customer Services Staff...It went in the paper and they still didn't bother to read it...Hope you will. Mark
    2nd February 2011
    Dear Sir/Madam

The director’s office at Asda has no concerns regarding me putting my thoughts as to how they deal with customers that have Asda related issues into the public domain. Whilst I have not detailed or supplied the correspondence between myself and Asda I am happy for the same to be published as they have further advised me that this would be my prerogative. This matter involves:

· An item (an office chair) ordered and paid for via the internet but never delivered
    · An item of internet grocery shopping being increased by 36.2% in cost from point of order to point of delivery but included in Asda’s definition of a slight variation in price
    · An internet grocery weekly shopping invoice being more than 10% over the ‘approximate’ amount advised to be charged but not included within Asda’s definition of a slight variation in price because ‘slight’ refers to a single item and not the total.

Based on my recent experiences of dealing with Asda I detail below what it would appear to me to be their training module for dealing with inconveniences such as customers:

CUSTOMER SERVICES TRAINING MANUAL

RULE ONE: “Don’t tell them your name Pyke!”
    Never give a customer either a surname or a reference that they might ever be able to contact you again. Instead offer them a Christian name, preferably not your own.

Result: Customer is never heard of again = complaint resolved
    Or: Customer is heard of again = invoke rule two

RULE TWO: “Never telephone a customer back!”
    Offer to telephone a customer back or, better still, say that a manager* will telephone the customer back.
    *manager = a person who in the past took responsibility** of an organisation/company/office/
    Department etc., This definition does not apply to a line manager.
    **responsibility = being in control of/accountable for

NB: Rule One to be maintained at all times.

Result: Customer is never heard of again = complaint resolved
    Or: Customer is heard of again = repeat rules one and two

Result: Customer is never heard of again or has died = complaint resolved
    Or: Customer is heard of again, this time by letter (not by email as our site does not offer the correct address as a cost cutting exercise) = invoke rule three

RULE THREE: “Never read a customer’s complaint!”
    A customer’s written complaint can be demotivational and reading such material is unnecessary. Instead respond by second class post (as one does not wish to elevate any complaint to first class) with a standardised apology letter (i.e. ‘your comments will be forwarded to the relevant department’) and enclose a voucher which in your expert opinion as a customer services adviser or perhaps by now as a ‘member of Andy’s* Team in the directors office’ (yes you are hereby authorised accordingly to call yourself a member of Andy’s team) adequate to make the complaint go away.

*Andy no longer refers to Andy Bond president and CEO of Asda because he is no longer president and CEO of Asda. However Andy Clarke is. This is in some ways a red herring as the staff at Asda don’t know of either men and even if they did (which they don’t) then they would never give out their names as this would contravene rule one.

Result: Customer is never heard of again or has died or has spent the voucher = complaint resolved
    Or: Customer is heard of again (ask yourself do we really want a customer like this one?) = Invoke rule four

RULE FOUR: “Offer the awkward cuss a refund (preferably in the form of store vouchers because it means ‘ASDA PRICE’ (tap !!!* twice with right hand) to us, in exchange for them returning the product as they received it
    At this point stroppy customer (remember it is neither our fault nor our responsibility (see rule two) that the awkward cuss has become stroppy) might try to get even more stroppy by claiming irrelevant points such as they have never received the item that we charged them for in the first place so how can they return it? If so go back to rule two remembering that rule one must be adhered to at all times.

*Ensure that the !!! you tap is your own !!!. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary proceedings.

Result: Customer is never heard of again or has died or has recently been subdued by prescribed medication = complaint resolved
    Or: Customer is heard of again (and we really do not want such a customer for sure)

RULE FIVE: “Clarify age of customer”
    If the customer appears to have little time left on this planet go back to rule two but always remember to adhere to rule one. If the customer does not fall into this category go back to rule two anyway as this will ensure that the customer does eventually fall into this category.

Result: Customer is never heard of again for whatever reason = congratulations on a job well done.
    Or: Customer is, somewhat incredibly, heard of again = invoke rule six.

RULE SIX: “Accept a marginal defeat”

Refund the amount the customer is demanding back into their account and send them an e-voucher for half the amount of the gift voucher referred to in rule three. They are unlikely to order anything else from us off of the internet so there is little likelihood of them ever using the e-voucher. Another positive can be enjoyed knowing that the customer has been further annoyed because they have ended up with a voucher they are unlikely to use and one that is worth only half of your original generous gesture of goodwill. Do not refund the delivery charge for the item which was never delivered unless the customer notices that the charge has not been refunded. If the customer demands a refund of the said charge go back to rule two remembering rule one at all times. In this way the defeat will remain marginal and you can sleep easily.

Does Asda want to question anything? I suspect not. Shame on you, Asda.

Yours sincerely

[FONT=&quot]Mr.M.D[/FONT]
  • you can see below for all correspondence between myself and ASDA over a period of four months in regards to their awful customer service and home delivery service. Scroll straight to the bottom to find out how it all started.
    You can see for yourself how they react to complaints on a CEO level and I was horrified by the whole attitude and response from them. I have literally published every single correspondence and through this you can make your own mind up on their behaviour and perhaphs you may want to think twice if you really want to support this type of organisation with your money.

Hi R,

I'm very sorry you remain unhappy with the service from us and that you have felt the need to ask for me to close your account. We are unable to delete all your details due to data protection and legal purposes.

However I can confirm this has been suspended and we have removed any e-mail information to be sent out to you.

Regards

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your email. Unfortunately your response was disappointing and lacking answers I was actually seeking to say the least. I think your reason or excuse for what has happened in 'the last few months' does not actually excuse what happened to me. It's just not good enough to say that as a consequence your systems and standards have failed. It was just one mistake after the other and no one including your response actually bothered to rectify the wrong doings. If you are looking at ways to improve your service, may I suggest that you actually have staff in place to overlook customer service complaints, actually make improvements where needed and respond with some positive effort! In other words actually know what they are doing and do so very well so you don't end up losing customers like myself and others who I know of. Not one single response has included a reference for someone to properly look into this ( take this seriously!) matter or actually speak to those who have done wrong to ensure future mistakes are avoided. You may have done so but not told me so... I really do hope that your head office have spoken to the store and individual staff members so that they can learn to do their job properly. If not then that would be a great shame.

As per my communication I asked for proportionate compensation which has not happened. Not even the £10.00 funded to my account in September is on my account as it expired, given all that time I was trying to receive an adequate response from your staff.

I think given your response and all this wasted time I have spent trying to concern my very negative experiences with ASDA and actually receive a satisfactory response (fail!), I feel no choice but to close my account.

Please confirm my details have been deleted from your systems including any marketing systems etc. I do not wish to receive any correspondence from ASDA in the future regardless of the subject matter.

R

Hi R,

It is regarding the issues you have raised in your e-mails.
    I'm sorry about the service you have received since you placed last online order. I can imagine why you feel our colleagues have let you down. If customers ask for a call back or response in writing this should always take place. I'm very sorry that on numerous occasions this hasn't happened, which has further added to your frustrations.
    Unfortunately in the last few months we have experienced a peak in the number of orders that we have been handling and we admit that the systems we have in place and the standards of customer service we have been able to offer have suffered as a result.
    We are currently looking at ways that we can improve the service that we are able to offer our customers with our directors and our senior management teams at the heart of all our discussions.
    I can see you have asked for your account to be suspended. This hasn't happened as of yet, however if you want me to close the account I can do this for you.
    Once again I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you have been caused. If there is anyway I can help you further please don't hesitate to contact me again.
    Kind Regards
    Jonathan Bottomley - Executive Relations
    Asda House
    Tel: 0844 481 5000
    Switchboard: 01132 435435
    Ext: 66047
    Email: [EMAIL="jonathan.bottomley@asda.co.uk"]jonathan.bottomley@asda.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    ASDA saving you money everyday.

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Hi Jonathan,

Thank for your email. I apologise for the delay in replying to you. Unfortunately my phone is currently damaged and therefore cannot use it for phone calls. However I am happy to answer any questions via email.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

R
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hi R,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for your e-mail to Andy Clarke our CEO. As part of Andy's directorate team, I'm available on his behalf to respond to any customer issues.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have tried to call you to discuss the issues you have had with our online service over the past few months. I will happily send a response in writing but I would like to discuss these issues with you in person first.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you could contact me on 01132435435 my extension number is 66047.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Jonathan Bottomley[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Directors Office[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Dear Mr Clarke,
    I am writing to you as I wanted to raise my concerns over a very disappointing and frustrating home shopping and general poor customer service experienced in the last 3 months. I have written numerous times via email and your website and so far no further steps have been made to resolve this matter. I would not normally result in writing to the CEO of any company to raise my concerns but as I have encountered terrible service numerous times, I feel no choice but to write to you to voice my experience about the service or lack of service provided by some of your employees . I asked your team for somebody senior to look into this matter and I haven't received a single response even though I have emailed multiple times. I have attached all correspondence between myself and your staff and include my last request which until this date has been unanswered. I would like to ask you to look into my complaint and conduct by your staff, to ensure future customer service satisfaction. I don't want to stop shopping at ASDA which is the reason why I am going into so much effort to receive at least a satisfactory response and service. I read an article in the Evening Standard which I felt applied to this situation and I feel would certainly perhaps improve ASDAs reputation. I myself have worked in customer service for a long time and know of the great importance to give at least a satisfactory service to customers and I hope you do too. All I ask for is for someone to investigate & acknowledge the failures, a response and proportionate compensation.

I would really appreciate your help in this matter. I am happy to answer any more questions and/or provide any further information if needed.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and resolving this matter once and for all.

Regards,

R

PS - the bottom email has been the cause for my initial complaint. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sent on 30th October and then again on the 3rd November but yet no response!

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hi,

Could you please confirm if you have deleted my account as requested?
    R[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Hi Shannon,

Thank you for your email which you sent last week. Although I am unsure as to why you thanked me for my email as I haven't emailed you.
    Considering I sent my initial complaint reply on the 1st of October 2010, I am now astonished to the fact that still NO ONE has corresponded properly to my complaint. You have emailed me on various occassions to say I will receive a response soon but yet nothing. What kind of customer service is this, seriously? Absolutely dreadful and considering this situation, I would like to formally close all my accounts ( including online) and request that you delete all my details from your system in relation to home shopping. And to conclude this matter, I wish for my complaint to be passed over to a member of your senior complaints management team who hopefully will act on my complaint, which so far you and your colleagues have failed to do in your job description.

I look forward to hearing from a member of your senior management team and will only receive written responses ( which I think is quite fair considering I have wasted so much time trying to even make a complaint let a lone receive a fair conclusion to this matter).

Seriously awful awful customer service!!!

PS. If no one will respond to my email, I will seek further legal advice.

R[/FONT]

Dear Miss R,

Thank you for your email.

I've called the store again and you should be receiving a call soon to have this matter resolved to your satisfaction.
    Thanks for taking the time to contact use.
    Regards,
    Shannon Peters
    ASDA Home Shopping
    [FONT=&quot]4th October -
    [/FONT]
    Dear Miss R,
    Thanks you for your email.
    I'm sorry that you experienced such poor service from the store and that the response you received wasn't addressing all the issues. I can understand how upsetting this must be.
    I've called the store and spoke to Nick, Team Leader at the Park Royal branch. He will be addressing this matter with the colleagues you have mentioned in your email and investigating this further. I will be calling them again tomorrow to speak to the General Store Manager to have this formal complaint logged as he was on a conference call and unable to take my call today.
    Once I hear how this has been addressed I will contact you tomorrow to inform you of the outcome.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Regards,
    Shannon Peters
    ASDA Home Shopping
    [FONT=&quot]3rd October
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] FAO Joe Allie,

Many thanks for your email. I am sorry that I missed your phone call. Unfortunately I was in a meeting so therefore not able to speak. I would prefer a written response and I hope the communication sent and received will be of use to you.

I look forward to your response.

Kindest Regards,

R

Sent the below correspondence. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2nd October 2010
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Miss R, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thanks so much for your email.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service and the response which you received. I understand how frustrating and annoying this can be.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have tried to call you on your mobile number but there was no answer. If possible can you please send us more details of your previous complaint so that I can investigate this for you further and take the necessary action as I'm not able to locate any details of your previous complaint?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kind regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Joe Allie[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ASDA Home Shopping[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1st October 2010[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Hi Gary,

Thank you for your email response. First of all my surname is not *****- it is *****. Having gone through a frustrating time making and receiving my order, I can honestly say your lack of response has by no means helped the situation at all. I spent a lot of time explaining how very disappointing your customer service has been and even made further enquiries which you have clearly failed to address in your response.

In case you are wondering if my frustrated response is in aim for further compensation - you're wrong. I do not want to stop shopping at ASDA but at the same time as a customer I want to be valued. And as ASDA clearly did wrong more than once (!), my complaint and hopefully others should be acknowledged, considered and addressed. You haven't addressed nore confirmed what actions are being taken so that this does not happen again to me to or others. Your £10 offer is certainly not going to change any of the stated items! And also it appears that you haven't even investigated the matter. And as I[/FONT][FONT=&quot]already stated I do not appear to be the only person who have had issues with the home delivery shopping. So as stated I wish to continue but in the knowledge that there is a good chance this will not[/FONT][FONT=&quot]happen again especially as you seem to have a bad reputation already and adding my personal experience. So if your follow up response is as dire and lacking effort, then please shut down my online account for good. And any future shopping will be made at your competitors.

PS - I bet Wal Mart offer a much better and comprehensive standard of customer service! Maybe ASDA should adopt this...

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

R
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]14th September 2010
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear R,

I appreciate you taking the time to email us. I'm terribly sorry that your delivery only arrived 4 days late. I most certainly can imagine your disappointment, especially when you received such poor customer service from the Store.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have attached a £10.00 eVoucher to your account. Click on the "add" button next to the attached eVoucher. If you amend your order, please remember to "add" the eVoucher again before you checkout your order. The eVoucher is valid for 60 days and can be used immediately.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You are a valued customer and your concerns and needs are our priority. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Regards, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gary Arendse [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ASDA Home Shopping [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]10th September 2010

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]To whom it may concern,

I here by wish to make a formal complaint regarding my recent experience with ASDA Home Shopping. I firstly would like to clarify that I would like this complaint to be taken very serious and for all the negative service received, to receive a proportionate compensation.

I booked an ASDA delivery order on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 to be delivered on the 31st of August 2010 between 6-8pm. On the actual delivery date 31st of August, I received a voicemail at 5.15pm on my way home. The voicemail was very unclear and I returned the phone call at around 17:35 but there was no response. I then received a phone call at 18.18 from the same number that left me a voice mail, which turned out to be the ASDA delivery driver. As he didn't speak English very well, I was struggling to understand much of what he was saying apart from he advised me to call a number and speak to the store and something about that his shift had ended. Called the store shortly after and spoke to somebody who said he would call me back. The same person called me back around 15 minutes later and advised me that there were no drivers available for the evening of the booked slot. I complained and he advised me that he would get the department manager to return my call either later in the same evening or early the next day. I never received this call and called again the next day (1st of September) at around 13.30 and left another message but no response. Later that evening, another driver called me to advise me he was outside the property but as I was out and was not informed of the re delivery, I had no opportunity to book this with anyone at ASDA, especially as no one returned my phone call. It's madness to complete another delivery without actually agreeing this with the customer! Once again I informed the driver to pass a message back to the manager to contact me. As you can imagine now, this did not happen and I contacted the store again and spoke to Simran around 10.30am who said she would need to speak with the call centre as the order had been cancelled so needed this to be raised again. She offered the delivery to be done tomorrow (Friday) and I insisted that I wish to have the delivery today, but no this was not up to her. During the conversation she was not very helpful and at times blamed me for the delivery mess. Only once did she remotely apologise and I asked her to make sure someone would contact me asap. She said she would call me back but that did not happen. I called again at 14.51 and spoke with Jay who is the Home Shopping Picker who not only was not very helpful but insinuated that I was to blame as there were two deliveries attempts already made and I once again had to explain the situation again. This now led for him to decline himself from the situation and I suggested from further comments if he wasn't actually aware of the facts. He took another message for the manager and I am yet still waiting for a call... To note I had asked for further information re making a complaint and as 'he didn't have the information with him' I asked him to provide me this and it took me few attempts before he agreed to provide this information which again I am still waiting for.... but also suggested I should be the one to gather this information.

So as it stands for now I called the call centre and spoke to Neno and Karin who re booked my order for Saturday 4th of September 7-9pm and confirmed my free delivery compensation. Although Neno failed to action my free delivery for the order, Karin was happy to do this.

I have to say that this experience is by far one of the worst customer services received and after this shopping I shall review shopping with ASDA in the future. You claim is 'saving money every day', well this experience has cost me around £25 for food shopping purchased at Sainsburys on the days that I was supposed to have my ASDA order. But worst of all, the service received was just infuriating time after time and eventually you managed to deliver the shooping 4 days later... with no formal apology nore any reflecting compensation. I also had a product missing of the shopping lists which was initially confirmed on my actual first order confirmation. Why did this suddenly disappear? It was Magnum Ice creme for £3.

I would urge the team at the Park Royal who I contacted time and time again takes further training in customer service. It was very poor and frustrating! And I hope with the facts named above that you will see and understand my concern. If not I will guarantee you this delivery was my second and last shopping experience with ASDA for a lifetime. Especially since my experience I have found out others experiences, very similar to mine with your so called home delivery service.

I would appreciate your assistance in this matter and look forward to your response.

Regards,

R[/FONT]
  • mjc2669
    mjc2669 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Asda grocery online order placed on 28/05/2011. Amount £180 pending on our Co-op bank account. Shopping delivered on 29/05/2011. Amount of £179 taken from our bank account on 01/06/2011 but the pending amount of £180 is still there. I've been told many times by Co-op (inc Fraud Dept) that the only way this can be cleared from our account before 10 working days is if Asda's bank fax over saying they will not be taking any money from our account in relation to the pending amount of £180. We are left with money in our account but it is frozen until this is sorted! Asda are useless and will not send the required fax as "..it breaks data protection rules..". We have 4 children and really need our money now!
  • Azari
    Azari Posts: 4,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mjc2669 wrote: »
    Asda grocery online order placed on 28/05/2011. Amount £180 pending on our Co-op bank account. Shopping delivered on 29/05/2011. Amount of £179 taken from our bank account on 01/06/2011 but the pending amount of £180 is still there. I've been told many times by Co-op (inc Fraud Dept) that the only way this can be cleared from our account before 10 working days is if Asda's bank fax over saying they will not be taking any money from our account in relation to the pending amount of £180. We are left with money in our account but it is frozen until this is sorted! Asda are useless and will not send the required fax as "..it breaks data protection rules..". We have 4 children and really need our money now!

This has come up before.

AFAIR the consensus was:

Either get another bank of stop using Asda.
    There are two types of people in the world: Those that can extrapolate information.
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    Azari wrote: »
    This has come up before.

AFAIR the consensus was:

Either get another bank of stop using Asda.

I read so many complaints about Asda doing this, I think the OFT should look into it. Consumer action groups can raise things as a super-complaint with the OFT. This would be a good candidate. It's a farce. I think everyone in the world should stop shopping in Asda but I'm guessing that's an unlikely outcome....
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • sozklee
    sozklee Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, im on a big big big rant! So watch out :P

Yesterday i arranged for a big order to be delivered from asda between 8pm and 10pm - i arranged a charity event for a group of ladies from the church committee the aim was to donate as much money as we could to another lady in the church committee who had been diagnosed with cervical cancer and had just found out that it was discovered too late and it had spread.
    Anyway, ASDA failed to show up!! there were about 10 of us waiting in the front room (the front door is also in that room so theres no way on this earth that we could have missed it) from 7pm til just before 12am. I called up this morning to be told that the ASDA store who were meant to be delivering said that they had attempted to deliver but no one was at home, the lady was rude and spoke to me as if i was a child, she refused to even listen to what i was saying! i was disgusted. It was my first time ordering groceries online and seeing ASDA as a huge huge company i thought it would come :( They didnt even call me or anything, i assumed that the drivers were lazy because it was the last delivery slot of the day and they just couldnt be bothered. Anyhow this meant that the charity event i organised had to be postponed until friday but obviously its been a big pain for us who have organised it phoning up everybody and so on.. Its also really sad because this means we have less time to raise money for her. And i know its only 3 days difference but when youre suffering from a terminal illness such as cancer every second counts..
    Weve all boycotted ASDA at the church anyway, im not asking anyone here to do the same cause obviously i have no right to. Im just asking that if anyone has experienced any bad customer service no matter how insignificant you may feel it is to report the matter to bbc watchdog for me, you can do so by searching for bbc watchdog on google then click on 'got a story' on the main page.
    I just hope that watchdog investigate further into ASDAs lack of cutomer services cause its appauling that they pride thereselves on excellent customer service when to be honest you cant even call it that at times!
    Thanks for your time :) and thanks if you do support us and complain to watchdog.

Right I ordered an online shop from asda, it was 45 mins late no phone call or warning.
    Then when she is bringing it down to me she says oh there are some bits missing...ok...so we check its about 50% of my order so she get her magic machine out and says ill take it off for you.....ok... so i think i have only got a 30 ish shopping bill but later to realise its the full amount ! So i trot of to my local sainsburys and get the bits they didnt want to deliver me.
    Then i recieve an email next day saying ive got a £2 refund for lollys i had!!
    So i ring up explain the confusion only to be told I was charged the full amount... now im worried i dont have a great deal of money and i have spent more than budget because they charged me full and i still had to go and get my bits form sainsburys.
    So i ring to sort it out email and eventually i get very cross waiting 2 days saying i want my refund which is now too late BANG overdrawn with fees thank you ASDA thier repley? £10 worth of shopping off my next shop not likely!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • deefin
    deefin Posts: 597 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2011 at 11:57AM
    Options
    i had been shopping in asda for frozen food almost £119 worth , when i was involved in a traffic accident just outside the store ,( i was hit by a taxi swerving to avoid a small child running about , while mother stood gossiping, i ended up with smashed in face , broken nose , broken jaw and 6 missing teeth)
    asda kindly took my shopping back in to store while i was whisked off to hospital in an ambulance . how very kind of them !
    one small problem they didnt put it in a freezer . so when 6 hours later my husband managed to collect it from the store the whole lot was defrosted ,and the blue ray movie of hotel for dogs ( i'd bought for our dog , yes i am daft enough to have a toy poodle who loves watching tv and who i indulge with his own movie collection) was missing as this ws in the bottom of the bag , my shopping must have been rifled through by asda staff ( it had been imediately removed from the accident scean by an asda employee " in case any went missing ect while we waited on an ambulance )
    and earlier this week i ordered online a one day only blu ray bundle deal . that was then cancelled by asda the next day with no cancellation/ explantion / appology from asda , . when i queried this cancellation i was informed that there had been a missprice on this one day only deal so it had been cancelled . they are still selling this bundle at the price i was informed was the correct one day deal price ,
    so the one day deal wasnt a deal after all as they reversed everyones orders the next day
    this so called missprice i believe to be " bait advertising " and illegal under the european consumer directive
    :A official boots tart :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport