We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Wet electric central heating

Options
124»

Comments

• digweed
    Options
    new to this & not sure where to post this...

I have a bungalow with a 2 bed dorma on top. 9 rads, 1 bath & 1 shower. Our oil fired combi needs replacing now and the metal oil tank will need it in the next couple of years - also told the pipe feed now needs burying 450mm underground, a run of 20mtrs.
    No water cylinder.
    No mains gas.
    Was intending to get a standard oil boiler + solar cylinder, but now thinking an electric boiler & solar cylinder would be more cost effective.
    Suggestions please thanks
  • dennissalt
    Options
    peat wrote: »
    I live in a stone built mid-terrace three bedroom house and am planning getting central heating installed. I do not have access to mains gas and have decided against oil for a number of reasons including the way the oil price seems to be going. I am considering wet electric central heating run on an Economy 10 tarriff but am struggling to get unbiased info on true running costs, best makes of boilers etc. Most of the info I can glean comes from folk who are trying to sell me their product. Can anyone in MSE-land advise or point me in the right direction.
    Cheers
    Peat
    yes I have the same experience, Dennis.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business