Transfer Cash ISAs Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• bobwo
    Options
    there will be a period between the old account being closed and the money arriving in the new account, during which time no interest will be earned. My Halifax money took 5 days to transfer, another transfer from Alliance & Leicester took 4 days.

That may not seem to be significant, but it means that, for instance, if it takes 5 days to move from an account paying 6% to one paying 6.25% then it would take about 4 months to recover the lost interest through the new higher rate. Still worth moving, but not too often!
  • bobwo
    Options
    cefynbach wrote: »
    hi just wondering if anyone knows whether you can transfer the interest earned in an ISA or just the capital
    You can transfer both interest and capital.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    bobwo wrote: »
    That may not seem to be significant, but it means that, for instance, if it takes 5 days to move from an account paying 6% to one paying 6.25% then it would take about 4 months to recover the lost interest through the new higher rate. Still worth moving, but not too often!

Does anybody know when A+L start paying interest on ISA transfers in. :think: ( or could someone ask them, when doing so point out to A+L that some providers e.g Nationwide backdate interest to date of transfer cheque to ensure that no loss of interest is incurred.) :j
  • sobersaver
    Options
    Hi. I can't seem to get anyone to talk to me over the phone at Halifax about their ISA Saver Direct. Anyone know the interest rate for it? Or maybe where I can find out myself. They seem to present a most user-unfriendly interface.
  • thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sobersaver wrote: »
    Hi. I can't seem to get anyone to talk to me over the phone at Halifax about their ISA Saver Direct. Anyone know the interest rate for it? Or maybe where I can find out myself. They seem to present a most user-unfriendly interface.

5.5% according to their website

Click here
  • sobersaver
    Options
    Cheers, thingamaBob!
  • sandraw_2
    Options
    Hi

Does Anybody Have Any Experience With The Above Isa. Scottish Widows Is A Division Of Lloyds Tsb And I Feel I Have Been Ripped Off And Not Sure How To Deal With It
  • kayu
    kayu Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    HI Can any one help mei have 3 isa accounts all will abbey and want to tranfer all to icesave whats the best way to do it??the three isa's are1, easy isa2,toisa (tessa only isa)3, postal isawill i need to fill out 3 differnt isa transfer forms or is it better to combine all 3 with abbey then just fill out 1 transfer with icesave?and im not sure if it is the same process for postal isa's and tessa's, can i transfer them the same way as other cash isa's or is the process completly different?i need to do this tranfer quickly as possibel because leaving them in abbey is paying out less interest than if i were to put it in a icici account even with the tax free interest is taken into account.
  • parist
    parist Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone decided to tranfer their mini-cash ISA over from Barclays to Icesave. I set my Barclays ISA up just before the 2007/08 deadline in April 2007.
  • OxfordBlue
    Options
    Good evening All,

My first post...so far I have read all the good information but just wanted to check.

Is there a limit to the number of times you can transfer your ISA in a tax year if you do not go over the subscription limits (or pay into the new ISA provider-as per the one provider per year rule)?

I have filled my ISA limit this year but am interested in transferring this ISA and two other older ones into one before April (this tax year) to get the benefits - if things change would I be able to fill the ISA in April (next tax year) and move it all later in the year if I wanted to?

Thank you

Blue
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport