🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is this actually worth anything or just a holiday scam?

Options

Comments

• Jacquiesce
    Options
    I got a letter from them too and was initially excited till I phoned them and was told I couldn't claim the prize as I wasn't a homeowner but could transfer the prize to someone else.
    I then read about the yearly maintenance fee and realised it was a rip-off. By the time you add travel costs too it turns out to be very expensive..
  • I'm so glad I found this site. I "won" this competition this morning. It looks good on paper, but years online have taught me to google everything first.
  • sweetyman2009
    Options
    YES U GET A POLITE RECORDED DELIVERY LETTER SAYING U WON A FREE HOLIDAY FOR UP TO 4 PEOPLE .SO WE LEFT IT A WEEK LATER A 2ND LETTER OUR DIRECTORS HAVE AWARDED U A FUTHER PRIZE ADAY AT THE CHAMPION CHASESPECIAL GUESTS OF SEASONS SO YER ACCEPTED THERE OFFER THEN A SUPRISE WAS PULLED A ONE OFF MANAGEMENT FEE OF 279.00 THEN IT WAS JUST A BARRAGE OF PHONE CALLS AND TO SHUT THEM UP I GAVE THEM OUR CARD DETAILS AND THEY JUST SHUT UP AND NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN RELISED I COCKED UP AND YER NO TICKET FOR CHELTENHAM AS PROMISED W CANT GET OUR CASH BACK WE HAV TOOK NO HOLIDAYS THEY WONT REPLYTO US AT ALL THEY JUST DONT WANT TO KNOW THEY GOT THE CAsh and dontgive a toss what a scam it should be stopped:mad:
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    ..... AND TO SHUT THEM UP I GAVE THEM OUR CARD DETAILS ...:mad:

Hello??????????? What a bizarre thing to do; ie give a firm money to get them to stop phoning you.

Seriously get your money back...under Section 74 of the CCA [Consumer Credit Act] if it was a credit card.
  • shaven-monkey
    Options
    Jacquiesce wrote: »
    was told I couldn't claim the prize as I wasn't a homeowner but could transfer the prize to someone else..

Funny. almost as if they're saying : If we can't take your house, you can't get a timeshare in one of ours....
    "Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." - Norm Franz
  • markelock
    markelock Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the best way to shut someone on the other end of a phone up is to put your phone down.

claim a chargeback on your card for goods not received.
    Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
  • rwgers
    rwgers Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I have recently signed up to Seasons Holidays membership until 2069 and I personally feel it was a good move. I was a bit unsure like most people to the competition award, I booked up for the promotional break at their Brunston Castle resort in Ayrshire Scotland.

I was also invited down to veiw the area and facilities before hand, before our meeting with the Seasons Rep we were giving full use of the Pool, Sauna and the Gym.

The cottages were fully equiped with everything you would have at home, you don't need to cram in irons or hairdryers or extra towels, every cottage has a tv/dvd/freeview and stereo system, they also have a fully fitted kitchen incl. a washerdryer and dishwasher.

We met the Rep just after our swim and went through all the details of what they offer which was explained quite clearly and I was never at any point pressurised into buying or signing any agreements.

I did think at first when the figures came out that they were quite high for a weeks holiday, but when explained further I was not only entitled to a weeks holiday but I could actually take three weeks holiday for the exact same price as one week at any of the seasons resorts. Along with this you could take bonus breaks of which I have now taken 3 weekend breaks since January for a total of £100 all in. Now if anyone can take just one weekend away with 2 kids in this type of accomadation for what would be a third of this price then let us all know.

As was also quoted previously by another member who's quote was taken out of context when they said they were off for a break with 5 friends for £25 then said it was £5 each, when you book your bonus break you pay a fixed amount eg if you wanted to go around December it might cost £75 for a weekend for a 2 bedroom, a two bedroom can sleep upto 6-8 people and its a fixed price so if you take 6 friends you can divide it up evenly, and the membership is not solely fixed so only you can use it you can book breaks for anyone in your family or for your friends.

With two young kids I was planning to holiday more UK for the next few years and to think I could book up easter time when it's more expensive and about October time for one week each, I could get two weeks holiday for £400 now try booking that at a haven or butlins for this type of accomadation.
  • max2009
    max2009 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    Bart needs to learn to use paragraphs.
  • churchrat
    churchrat Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    rwgers wrote: »
    I have recently signed up to Seasons Holidays membership until 2069 and I personally feel it was a good move. I was a bit unsure like most people to the competition award, I booked up for the promotional break at their Brunston Castle resort in Ayrshire Scotland.

I was also invited down to veiw the area and facilities before hand, before our meeting with the Seasons Rep we were giving full use of the Pool, Sauna and the Gym.

The cottages were fully equiped with everything you would have at home, you don't need to cram in irons or hairdryers or extra towels, every cottage has a tv/dvd/freeview and stereo system, they also have a fully fitted kitchen incl. a washerdryer and dishwasher.

We met the Rep just after our swim and went through all the details of what they offer which was explained quite clearly and I was never at any point pressurised into buying or signing any agreements.

I did think at first when the figures came out that they were quite high for a weeks holiday, but when explained further I was not only entitled to a weeks holiday but I could actually take three weeks holiday for the exact same price as one week at any of the seasons resorts. Along with this you could take bonus breaks of which I have now taken 3 weekend breaks since January for a total of £100 all in. Now if anyone can take just one weekend away with 2 kids in this type of accomadation for what would be a third of this price then let us all know.

As was also quoted previously by another member who's quote was taken out of context when they said they were off for a break with 5 friends for £25 then said it was £5 each, when you book your bonus break you pay a fixed amount eg if you wanted to go around December it might cost £75 for a weekend for a 2 bedroom, a two bedroom can sleep upto 6-8 people and its a fixed price so if you take 6 friends you can divide it up evenly, and the membership is not solely fixed so only you can use it you can book breaks for anyone in your family or for your friends.

With two young kids I was planning to holiday more UK for the next few years and to think I could book up easter time when it's more expensive and about October time for one week each, I could get two weeks holiday for £400 now try booking that at a haven or butlins for this type of accomadation.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm--brand new poster who signs up to tell us all how wonderful a company is--when all others say don't touch it with a barge pole.
    wonder who they work for then???
    LBM-2003ish
    Owed £61k and £60ish mortgage
    2010 owe £00.00 and £20K mortgage:D
    2011 £9000 mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income