Cut Your Car Insurance In 4 Steps Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• lidlest
    lidlest Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    followed the steps managed to save £361... well pleased!
  • Philipseo
    Options
    Thanks for the interesting article. The recession is hitting us here as well, so money saving tips are always good. I use Pay As You Drive (h t tp:// w ww.payasyoudrive.co.za) car insurance and I'm happy so far. I pay a monthly basic payment, and then after a certain amount of mileage I pay per kilometer. Works out pretty cheap for me.
    PS:T
  • Marmajuke_2
    Options
    LLoyds TSB car insurance, beware '2 months free insurance'!

The aforementioned phrase crops up on confused.com's site. Don't be fooled. (I was). The key word missing in the above phrase is 'includes'. I assumed (wrongly) it effectively meant 'plus' 2 months free insurance.
    They also charged me for legal cover despite it clearly being marked as included.
    Cost me best part of £25 to cancel.
    (Forgive me if this turns up in the wrong place, as haven't a clue on posting!!!)
  • miles11
    Options
    That's a very nice piece of information everyone has shared.

I 'd like to recommend xtremecarinsurance.com
  • miles11
    Options

I 'd like to recommend xtremecarinsurance.com for Cheap Car Insurance
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    miles11 wrote: »

I 'd like to recommend xtresurance.com for Cheap Car Insurance

Spam Spam Spam
  • Charterhouse
    Options
    Hello,

Interesting stuff, tried this today for my new Mercedes SLK. Sadly my idiot friend crashed my Landrover last year so I knew it was going to be expensive. The various sites returned quotes of anything from £1,100 to £3,000, with excesses of anything from £250 to £5,000 (I am 30, otherwise clean record, no other claims etc, 2 years no claims bonus after the reduction for the claim).

Admiral quoted the lowest with a £250 excess - £1,564 which I thought was pretty good. I then called up to see what would change - how much it would go up - if I put my girlfriend (aged 25) on the insurance. Strangely enough, even though SHE would be the named driver, this cut the cost to £1,104. A saving of £460. I asked them to check and they said it was definitely right.

I then, feeling rather lucky, asked them to check what it would cost to add my Landrover onto the policy - that cost me £460 last year with 4 years no claims and before my idiot friend had the accident. Admiral were able to add the Landrover for £374 and a total of £1,378 meaning that overall I have saved over £600 today vs the 2 seperate policies.

So definitely if you have 2 cars, try Admiral for that, and if you have a female in the house who will even occasionally drive the car, try adding her to the insurance, it might actually SAVE you money, bizarre though it sounds.

NB Before anyone theorizes that I may have misled them somehow, I made it VERY clear that I am the main driver and that my girlfriend will be driving both cars only very occasionally as she has her own car.
  • newsstory
    Options
    Has anyone in the Merseyside area noticed that insurance premiums have gone up in recent months?

We are doing a news story on the subject and would like to speak to anyone who has been shocked at the price after recently renewing their policy.

Drop me your email address here and I will get in touch later this morning.

Many thanks

Cheryl
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    newsstory wrote: »
    Has anyone in the Merseyside area noticed that insurance premiums have gone up in recent months?

We are doing a news story on the subject and would like to speak to anyone who has been shocked at the price after recently renewing their policy.

Drop me your email address here and I will get in touch later this morning.

Many thanks

Cheryl

The premiums have gone up throughout the country
  • D6NGR
    D6NGR Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    i am 18 and looking to get insured on my lexus is200 can any one suggest me a a insurance company that will insure me and that are very cheap please help really needed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure