PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• alicef
    alicef Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    @Savvy_Sue I think the trace of blue in the ribbing is genius.   

I'm still sewing in ends on my vest but only the front to do, then blocking and the rib.  Have started my KAL but haven't been lured in to the first pattern ...quite.  Plus I don't have the yarn from stash and I'm not going to add to stash without a GOOD REASON, (aka my b/day).    

Fashion on the Ration 2024  21/66   
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,154 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    alicef said:
    @Savvy_Sue I think the trace of blue in the ribbing is genius.   

Ah well, the flash of colour in the rib is 'traditional' cricket pullover! Different clubs go for different colours, but England have royal blue, so that seemed safest! Fortunately no-one who knows about these things has criticised the actual cabling, which can be far more complicated ... 
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • alicef
    alicef Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    @Savvy_Sue - of course club colours!    That's such a lovely touch!   Do clubs have their own vest pattern?
    Fashion on the Ration 2024  21/66   
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    alicef said:
    @Savvy_Sue - of course club colours!    That's such a lovely touch!   Do clubs have their own vest pattern?
    Now that I'm not sure about: when DS3 was playing cricket and my mum knitted him one, it was just the colour she asked about, and he didn't seem too fussed about that. 

Great Nephew needs to grow a bit before that one can be passed on!
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The cricket vest is lovely @Savvy_Sue.  I’m sure your great-nephew will be overjoyed to receive it and will wear it with pride.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 4 spent.

4 coupons - 200g Caithness Yarns DK Sedge
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    The cricket pullover has had its first outing to the Oval today, although apparently a bit warmer than really required today. DGN looks very cheeky in it, and there is plenty of room for growth. 

I'm now wondering what to knit next ... I have wool for a cardigan, and for socks, neither of which I actually need. I am pondering a triangular shawl for which I have a pattern and would use up some mohair, but it starts at the long end and decreases, whereas my instinct is to start at the thin end and stop as soon as it's big enough ...  :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport