Vodafone being unhelpful!

Options
Hi,

My first post here so I hope someone can give me some advice...

My OH's contract was up on his mobile phone so I contacted Vodafone and requested the PAC code. They offered some pretty grotty phones for free so I was prepared to leave and go elsewhere. Then my OH decided he liked a Samsung phone so I researched it on the internet and found there were some pretty good deals so I thought I'd give Vodafone a call just to see what they would offer. Spoke to a very helpful sales chappie who offered me a good deal with more minutes and texts for £5 more a month than we had been paying and also said "there's a promotion on at the moment and this phone also comes with bose headphones, memory card and leather case - worth around £100" so I thought sounds good, go for that. Then he said it's out of stock at the moment but if you call in in a week or so, I've put a note on your account and they'll send it out to you.

Anyway, a week or so later I called in and was told by Customer Service there was no note on my account. She speaks to another Dept. and was told that offer ended in December and I shouldn't have been offered it so basically ... tough! I asked how I could contact the Manager and was given no help so I decided to email them. I got an email back saying there WAS a note on my account to say I was offered the Bose headphones and they were out of stock and I should go to a Vodafone retail store and buy them and send them the receipt and they would credit my mobile phone account. They said there was no record of any case or memory card on my account but as a "gesture of goodwill" they would allow me to do the same thing - go to a store and buy the items and send the receipt in and they would credit my bill.

I replied that as far as I am concerned a "gesture of goodwill" would be giving your customer something over and above what they had promised and all I wanted was what I had been promised in the first place. By this point I was being made to feel as though I was lying about the whole conversation with the salesperson. I said I wasn't prepared to go and buy the items and then have my mobile phone account credited - I'm self employed so it would mean taking time off work during the week and also having to fork out for the items which frankly I don't feel I should have to.

I then received another email basically saying that's all that can be offered. I've replied and asked for the Customer Service Managers name and email address so I can escalate the complaint.

Does anyone have any advice? Where should I go from here?

Comments

• Hopefullyuseful1
    Options
    Hi,

I appreciate that you don't won't to make an extra journey to get a product that you were promised in the first place. Due to the demand of the product we don't have the headsets in stock so would be unable to send them to you. This will be why you were offered the credit for purchasing them as resolution.

I am unable to post the details you requested in relation to the customer service managers name and email address on a public forum. If you wish to contact me directly via email please complete Vodafone's online contact form ensuring you enter all the required information. Please also enter the code FIT135 in the body of the text.

Once you have contacted us I will then be able to look at your account to see what notes have been made and to see if there is anything else I can do to get a satisfactory resolution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hopefullyuseful1
    Vodafone UK
  • impy78
    impy78 Posts: 3,157 Forumite
    Options
    I am a little biased on this, but unless you are in a contract with vodafone, I would strongly suggest that you avoid tem, as from my experience, and several of my friends and family, this is generally indicative of the service you can expect from Vodafone.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure