S R J Debt Recoveries, Client: Phoenix (Littlewoods)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• penguinSmall
    Options
    I got a letter from them on Saturday saying they had made enquiries to confirm my current place of residence and could not give details of the account due to data protection rules.

I phoned and was asked the usual security questions. When they asked for my DOB and I gave it the guy said it was 'incorrect'. I assured him I've had it for 45 years an it was indeed mine. He asked if I had a daughter with the same name as me, I said her surname is the same but her christian name is very different. He asked to speak to her, I said no, the letter was clearly addressed to me. He asked for her date of birth which I gave. That too was apparently 'incorrect'.

He then said he would not tell me how much I am supposed to owe or to whom I supposedly owe it because I couldn't answer the security questions! I asked if that meant they would not contact me again and he said no, they would continue to write to me about the matter!

As I just moved recently and my name has an unusual spelling for a fairly common name, which was spelled correctly on the letter, I have a nasty feeling someone may have ordered something in my name to my old address and given a false date of birth.
  • embayweather
    Options
    I too am suffering. The usual letters detailed above, about a debt for a service I did not have at an address I have never been to. I tried contacting SRJ which was really useful (not) who refused to accept their error, and despite being told that I am quite ill, simply wanted me to pay up. I have telephoned the originating company in India, there is a surprise, and I am now sending a recorded letter to them. The Police are powerless unless its a scam, which of course it is. The length of time these posts have been going up suggests that these people are above the law, like so many others in this country. The official agencies are completely powerless and complacent about the problem despite being advised about serious breaches. But then again who cares? the sort of folk in power, running the agencies, government departments etc, don't get bothered about this sort of problem. So long as they can tick the relevant boxes and get their inflated salaries each month, the average British citizen is simply a disposable statistic. Perhaps whoever is the last person out of the country could they lease turn the light off, because there is nothing here we should be proud of.
  • slinkswell
    Options
    Hi,

I have been receiving what I call "pip" phone calls from these arrogant wide boys/girls for over a year. The debt has nothing to do with me, it is to do with a publican who did a moonlight flit and happened to have the phone number that I have now had for 3 years, years ago. By law I should not have been told his name or details of his debt, never mind the business he ran (Data Protection Act). I have e-mailed them, phoned them, spoke to the bad attitude, badly brought up hooligans, that profess to be the Debt Management team and have finally written to them. I receive at least 2-5 phone calls a day, no one on the other end just pips. When I ring to complain they inform me in their haughty arrogant manner that I have been removed from their system and could not have possibly received these calls (which I have recorded)hence I am a liar and :beer:pleb with no brains according to them, end of conversation, cut off. WELL, they are answerable to the Financial Ombudsman Service or better still the FSA. Do not hold back, report the arrogant little chites. It is illegal what they are doing and I for one am now taking legal action against them. Good luck all
  • kayarr30
    kayarr30 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I am so glad I found this! My husband received 2 letters from this company - the first, like others, doing the 'we have tracked you down' - bearing in mind it was sent to my brother's address where we have not lived for 2 yrs!!! And the 2nd saying we owed £52 to Scottish Power from our old address (not been there for 8months) The thing is, the last gas/elec suppliers we had at the previous address was NPower! So I am not entirely sure how we owe money to Scottish Power! We never received any letters from SP when we were at that address either so I have assumed it is a phishing scam to see if we would pay? Scottish Power provide the gas/elec to the address the letter was sent to - so they know who lives there as well - am going to be forwarding the letter to OFT as well as contacting SP as well
  • angelvoice222
    Options
    OMG I've just had a phone call/answer phone message from SRJ wanting to speak to a person that has never lived here. We have also had letters for them which have all been 'Returned to Sender, Person not known at this addressed'

Also I or rather my Hubby received a letter from Frederickson informing him of my death andasking to see the death certificate, I was on holiday at the time so you can imagine his shock.

As you can imagine I am now not only a little worried but am also extremely scared as to what is going on.

Looking at my caller display the number SRJ called on was 01204770968 but the return call message number was 08453137200.

Can anyone please give me some advice.

just wanted to thank you for this post you made... the 01204 number meant i didnt have to pay to ring this company :)
    DON'T JUDGE ME, YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I'VE FELT, OR WHAT I FEEL RIGHT NOW! SO FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME, THAN JUDGE SOMEONE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure