🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Digital Spy website down?

Options

Comments

• icefall
    icefall Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its working for me atm.
    I always wanted to be a procrastinator, never got round to it...
  • limecurry
    Options
    I can't get on at all.

Got on for about 10 minutes this morning at work, 10 minutes last night at home.

When will it be back to normal?
    I don't want to do Bex's suggestion as I don't have a clue what I'm doing!
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    limecurry wrote: »
    When will it be back to normal?

How long's a piece of string? Depends on how often your ISP refreshes their DNS lists.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • Rowan126
    Rowan126 Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Both forums and the main site have been down for me all day.
    Graduated this year.

2013 Wins: MG Rising Limited Edition
  • wherediditallgo
    wherediditallgo Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    Options
    BexTech wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=24041943&postcount=4

Hi,

We are aware of this issue.

There was a problem with one of the DNS servers used by one of our suppliers. It was giving out invalid information and until your PC, ISP or corporate DNS cache refreshes you may be unable to access Digital Spy. We are sorry about this but it is unfortunately beyond our control. One thing you could do is use a different DNS cache through a service provider like OpenDNS.

OpenDNS is a free service which offers 'Easy Setup' instructions for most operating systems and network set-ups at http://www.opendns.com/start/.

Making use of this service might help in this case and if not we have found it still to be a very reliable, fast and enhanced DNS service. Please note that if you are using Sky Broadband with a router you can not modify router settings. Instead, just alter the DNS settings on your PC to get the effect you need as outlined on OpenDNS.com.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for posting this. I've managed to get back on there using the OpenDNS settings on my computer - it's not flowing as smoothly as usual, but at least I can see the thing now. :)
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zounds wrote: »
    I'm using http://zend2.com online proxy myself
    http://www.freeproxyserver.net was also mentioned earlier in the thread.

With DS being down again, I found this thread, and these two work for me.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    With DS being down again, I found this thread, and these two work for me.

Found you can change .co.uk to .tv and it should work OK.

However you have to keep altering the .co.uk on your links, so is easier to use Open DNS.

You can use proxy servers, though these can be slow.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Found you can change .co.uk to .tv and it should work OK.

Unfortunately not. I am okay with the proxy servers for the moment.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • petestan
    petestan Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=24041943&postcount=4

Hi,

We are aware of this issue.

There was a problem with one of the DNS servers used by one of our suppliers. It was giving out invalid information and until your PC, ISP or corporate DNS cache refreshes you may be unable to access Digital Spy. We are sorry about this but it is unfortunately beyond our control. One thing you could do is use a different DNS cache through a service provider like OpenDNS.

Hi bextech, they have had this problem previously can they not fix it or is it nothing to do with them?
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    petestan wrote: »
    Hi bextech, they have had this problem previously can they not fix it or is it nothing to do with them?

Yeah, they've had this problem before, it's to do with the named servers used by the hosting company.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport