Warm Front - Lets Make Them Accountable

Options

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I been reading all of the posts , and yes i am right in the middle of the same situation, i even have the inspector of warmfront on my side but still have not got very far yet!!!

Interestingly, I thought that too. The WF inspector expressed horror at the state my house had been left in and said that he would have a meeting with the installers and if he couldn't sort it out his manager would be in touch with me. He assured me he would not let it drop (I had a male friend with me throughout the meeting, because I'd had such a bad time with WF that I wanted a witness). What happened then was.... nothing. The inspector did not return my calls.

I made a data protection act request for copies of all the papers relating to my installation and discovered that my written complaint to Eaga had been opened... and closed, without giving me the results of their investigation which amounted to 'do you agree, Mr Installer, that you caused damage to theis property' 'No' 'Oh, okay then, we'll close the file now'. I also discovered that the WF inspector had actually PASSED the job the same day as he inspected it, despite his promises.

After a year of writing to WF, Trading standards, and my MP, and getting nowhere, I was advised by TS to take WF to the small claims court, but I am disabled and in and out of hospital, and I just couldn't face it, so I gave up.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • plumber2009
    plumber2009 Posts: 304 Forumite
    Options
    hi booth1946

Sorry i have not got back to you, have had no internet so not been online for a while.

I will have a word with my manager and i will get back to you. He should be able to give some advice and may be able to take it further for you.

zzzlazydaisy

Can you post some photos of the install for me.
  • bundance
    bundance Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hope its ok to bump this thread

I've just applied for a warm front grant.
    I cancelled once, I feel like cancelling again.

Should I go ahead and cancel?
  • Mr_Benn
    Mr_Benn Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bundance - Im in the same boat as you. I have gone thru the pain of getting the grant approved, have had a visit from an EAGA surveyor, who has approved the installation of a new IDEL boiler. But Im still unsure wether to go ahead with them.

Im now just so sceptical having read all these bad reports about them , letting them do the work. Or is it the case that only the bad ones get put on the internet as people dont naturally post about good work being done !

My frustration is they wont let my own Corgi registered guy do it , who I trust. Bizzarely he can do the £300 grant ones for them though ... DOH!

Is the problem really just with certain companies that do the installation ? (eg Iguana ) . If so , can anybody recommend a good one that cover the Redditch , Worcs area ?

Thanks guys.
  • matt2222
    Options
    I've been trying to get my 80 year old disabled fathers boiler repaired
    since April.We waited over 3 months for one WF company to call us
    which they never did even though they were given 4 telephone numbers plus
    an email address.After complaining they tried to say they had called but all
    our missed calls are logged and they clearly hadn't.Our application was then
    cancelled so we had to reapply.Now i am in a similar situation with a different
    WF company although we have had someone still wet behind the ears visit and measure
    a few windows which has reduced my fathers grant by £170 and then two months
    later were given the name of another company who still haven't contacted us now
    for over seven weeks!! I have now tel'd them 3 times and always the same"our Surveyor will be in contact but we can't give you his number.WHY!!!
    I could get at least 4 local engineers corgi registered to come out today.Warmfront
    companies do not seem interested in doing the work especially if you do not have the full grant available but you are forced to use them.My spleen hurts!!!
  • mrdc19
    Options
    Having just come across this thread I had no idea that so many people had so many issues with Warmfront. Here is mine and any thoughts and feedback would be most welcome.

My girlfriend is partially sited sighted, registered disabled and has had a truely awful boiler for the last year or so. I heard about the warmfront scheme and thought it was worth looking into.

Filled out the forms and a guy came out and looked at the boiler who said it was only fit for the scrap head and advised that a new one was required and that warmfront would be in touch etc.

Three months have now gone by and have not heard anything from them. I phoned them last week and they say that the report only states that some new light bulbs are required and that these were sent months ago. My girlfriend was adament that the man who came out, said that a new boiler was required and could be arranged through warmfront.....

This weekend I checked the paperwork indeed and it clearly states that work to the heating system is required. So today I phoned warmfront expecting them to apologise and wanting to help to put their error correct. The woman on the phone, apologised for the error and then went nuts at me explaining that there was little she could do apart from ask another engineer to come out and assess the boiler again.

Surely the boiler does not need to be assessed again, all they need to do is check back through their paperwork.....

I am now really confused and not sure what the best way forward is. Is it possible to escalate this with warmfront?
  • grandma
    Options
    I am absolutly amazed about the treatment people have had in conection with their Home Front grant so I thought that I would tell you of our experience with them.
    We applied about 2 years last March.Someone came to inspect our ancient boiler within a month and said that we needed a new boiler.They sent Iguana to do the job after only waiting another month.The engineer who was a hard worker and a clean worker completed the job in a couple of days and to this day it as worked beautifully.
    We must have been very lucky as so many people have had a very bad experience but I wanted to let people know that there are some good results from a Warm Front grant.:T
    if i had known then what i know now
  • brian_r
    Options
    jbatista wrote: »
    Hi all I have had the assesor out BGC Gas and the quote has come back as follows
    Replace Boiler,
    Fit new controls and Thermostat
    Replace Cylinder
    Full System Flush

Prev work carried out £588.64
    Installation Costs £2,412.21
    Material costs £742.22
    Total cost of work £3,743.00
    Your contribution Required is £1,142.44
    What do you think?

i will instal it for £2500.00 and make a good profit to with any boiler you want 01928 820035:beer:
  • brian_r
    Options
    Mr_Benn wrote: »
    Bundance - Im in the same boat as you. I have gone thru the pain of getting the grant approved, have had a visit from an EAGA surveyor, who has approved the installation of a new IDEL boiler. But Im still unsure wether to go ahead with them.

Im now just so sceptical having read all these bad reports about them , letting them do the work. Or is it the case that only the bad ones get put on the internet as people dont naturally post about good work being done !

My frustration is they wont let my own Corgi registered guy do it , who I trust. Bizzarely he can do the £300 grant ones for them though ... DOH!

Is the problem really just with certain companies that do the installation ? (eg Iguana ) . If so , can anybody recommend a good one that cover the Redditch , Worcs area ?

Thanks guys.

the best boiler on the market is valliant by far what ever you do dont let them fit an idel .idel are as bad as BQ boilers :eek:
  • brian_r
    Options
    bundance wrote: »
    hope its ok to bump this thread

I've just applied for a warm front grant.
    I cancelled once, I feel like cancelling again.

Should I go ahead and cancel?

i would:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family