Please help 'How much will cost to install gas central heating?'

Options

Comments

• keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    What was wrong with a new thread guys? Now this useful bit of information is buried in an old one. :(

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • diywhynot
    diywhynot Posts: 742 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2013 at 6:06PM
    Options
    Can anyone advise roughly what the cost of a gas connection to a house that is currently not connected to mains gas, but there is gas in the street, would be nowadays please? many thanks
    nb not needing to know the cost of installing gas c/h system

Get an estimated cost here.
    Or here (depends on where you live).
  • johnnyredgate
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful replies, a lot less than I thought it might cost then which is good :)
  • johnnyredgate
    Options
    keystone wrote: »
    What was wrong with a new thread guys? Now this useful bit of information is buried in an old one. :(

Cheers

I did a search and this thread came up, hence just asking the question here, it should come up for anyone else searching for the same information too
  • keystone
    Options
    I did a search and this thread came up, hence just asking the question here, it should come up for anyone else searching for the same information too
    Well for a start this five year old thread is entitled:

Please help 'How much will cost to install gas central heating?'

and you said:
    nb not needing to know the cost of installing gas c/h system

Now I must be seriously thick by not understanding the thought processes going on here but your request isn't even on the same subject.:eek:

Oh well, never mind. :D

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • diywhynot
    Options

Now I must be seriously thick by not understanding the thought processes going on here but your request isn't even on the same subject.:eek:

Oh well, never mind. :D

Cheers

He did a search using relevant words and now has an answer. Just saying.;)
  • keystone
    Options
    diywhynot wrote: »
    He did a search using relevant words and now has an answer. Just saying.;)
    Yes I know I read that but its a totally different subject and his answer wasn't actually in the thread until after he had posted. If people search for How Much To Lay Gas In they are more likely to get it from a thread entitled same n'est pas? And as you well know, now that this thread has come to the top of the pile again somebody having applied zero brain power is now more than likely to reply to the lead post without reading its date or the remainder of the thread.

Just sayin' ;)

Cheers
  • diywhynot
    edited 25 January 2013 at 10:37PM
    Options
    now that this thread has come to the top of the pile again somebody having applied zero brain power is now more than likely to reply to the lead post without reading its date or the remainder of the thread.

Just sayin' ;)

Cheers

Does it really matter how much effort people put in to a search: is there a minimum requirement before you'll give someone useful advice?

johnnyredgate has an answer from his search terms and subsequent post, as will anyone else in the future...job done.:money:
  • keystone
    Options
    Oh please don't be sanctimonious. The coat doesn't fit you. :D
  • spenceeyftb
    Options
    This is a good thread. We're about to complete on our first house, as FTB the thought of doing all this ourselves is a little overwhelming but very exciting at the same time.

I can't wait to move in now.

Our first job is to have the C.H fitted. We've got the British Gas man coming around the first day to do a 'dead or alive' check.

From there we'll know what we've got to do, probably pay B.Gas to reinstate the gas £250.

Then from there have the C.H fitted.

Is C.2.5k reasonable for CH to be fitted with 6 radiators and a towel rail? We've got 4 of the radiators already and It's a 3 bed semi.

Our thinking was also that the kitchen won't need a rad as most of the time we'd be cooking in there or the heat from the diner will be coming through, is this a normal trail of thought?

I'm also thinking of starting a thread soon - are people interested in hearing about a young married chap and his wife?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure