We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Club Lloyds waiver

2

Comments

  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 19,444 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I've had overdraft notification for the last few months as a result of the fee being taken (balance generally very low) but account always in credit when I then login to check. Obviously the fee takes it overdrawn long enough to trigger the text message before the credit is applied which is annoying.

    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Malchester
    Malchester Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I have noticed that the fee for my premier current account is now taken one day and returned the next whilst previously it was taken and returned the same day

  • redux
    redux Posts: 23,148 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 5 October at 12:50PM

    Overdraft notifications can lag by a several hours anyway.

    I had a text message at 0940 this morning about an overdraft

    At a few minutes after midnight I had noticed that a quarterly direct debit for a magazine subscription, predicted in upcoming transactions for the 11th, had just happened. I transferred in £11 straight away then.

    So the text message was no longer true when sent over 9 hours later.

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,335 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    If the notification bugs you (it would bug me), why not just leave a fiver in your Club Lloyds permanently?

  • Anagran
    Anagran Posts: 220 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I thought I had an issue this month when I noticed I was overdrawn as I hadn't had the £5 creditted back. On closer inspection though it seems I forgot to pay in the £2000 last month! I have added it back onto my monthly to do list, no idea how it got off of there, must have deleted it by mistake.

  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 19,444 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    It's Premier so would be £15 but it doesn't annoy me enough to do that!

    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited Today at 2:04PM

    friolento I wish they'd sort out their Challenges and Offers for good, it's such a mess.

    Challenges are very hit and miss. Offers are a real annoyance, they've never worked for me and Lloyds are loading a pile of (presumably paid for by advertisers) offers in to my Activated Offers. 11 this month, none of which I've added myself! Stuff I would never buy. Very annoyingly it includes an offer for Meta AI glasses, more commonly known as perv glasses! 😳

    So I'm not going near Offers anymore, but will continue to do the Challenges, on the rare occasion that they work. 🙄

    Lloyds_Rewards_Perv_Glasses.jpeg
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,487 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Every so often they'll slip in an offer (10% cashback on supermarket spend) which I'll be happy to use, but probably by design I need to check through pages of 'perv glasses' every week to spot the useful ones.

  • danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    flaneurs_lobster While you are of course right, I find a lot of these 10% offers also appear regularly in NatWest and RBS reward offers. No sign of perv glasses there (so far) either! 👍️

    NatWest and RBS reward offers tend to work for me unlike Lloyds offers, and I don't need to add them to an "Activated offers" list, which is already pre-populated with crap I have no interest in.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,523 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited Today at 3:03PM

    Whilst on the subject of perv glasses, if you know anyone who is easily sold products don't let them go to Vision Express as they do a hard sell on them. They managed to sell a couple of my very non techy OAP relatives a pair each, one pair doesn't get used at all and the other sits in the car as normal sunglasses, they can't figure out how to actually use them.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.